FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Does Anyone Know When It't Time To Change The....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Timing belt?

I was under the impression that our cars require them being changed in the 120k range.

I just called my dealer....

Focus is good for 200k.

Who'd have thunk?
Thats about right, i'd just check it every so often for wear. I too thought 100K was the interval for the timing belt.
i only got 37 k to go :o
Yeah. That's right. Listen to the OEM.

When your belt starts squealing and cracking at 100k, sure its still fine. :rolleyes:

Why fix a cheap part when you can replace a more expensive part down the road.

Ounce of prevention is better than a pound in the ass. :lol:
Oscar The Grouch,Sep 14 2006, 03:30 PM Wrote:Ounce of prevention is better than a pound in the ass. :lol:
[right][snapback]207091[/snapback][/right]

Depends on who you ask. :lol:
ANTHONYD,Sep 14 2006, 04:01 PM Wrote:
Oscar The Grouch,Sep 14 2006, 03:30 PM Wrote:Ounce of prevention is better than a pound in the ass. :lol:
[right][snapback]207091[/snapback][/right]

Depends on who you ask. :lol:
[right][snapback]207105[/snapback][/right]

Doh!
Interesting, because I know for a fact that the Duratec uses a timing chain good to 200K but that the engine before it (Zetec) used a belt and I'm sure the recommended change interval was less than that, around the 150K range I thought :huh:

NefCanuck
I was told 160km but I'll find out tomorrow from the dealer.....
Yep, 200,000 kms. I just checked it out myself.

According to Ford... Scheduled service tool

Click the tool button on the lower left, and answer the questions. 200,000 kms.

For comparison, I checked it on the US site as well. It's recommended at 120,000 miles, which is about 192,000 kms.

The odd thing is that the Chilton's scheduled service manual (big green book that my mechanic has) says 90,000 miles, which is 145,000 kms, which is way different. :huh:

Ryan
Thats pretty good.

Hondas are 100,000 and ......... ya I never want to change one ever again.

Peice of s***! Lots of swearing that day.
I did mine at 100k, then blew up the motor 10k later.

anybody need a 10K old belt and water pump? :P
the zetec is a non-interference engine, meaning that if the timing belt snaps your valves won't smack the pistons. however, the svt is an interference engine and you should check your belt regularly.
yeahi was told the same that it was non-interference so you can just wait til it breaks if you like..
Edited, I'll post later.......
BerinG,Sep 18 2006, 04:42 PM Wrote:yeahi was told the same that it was non-interference so you can just wait til it breaks if you like..
[right][snapback]207526[/snapback][/right]

Yes it is non-interference, break one while I am on the track.