FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Nascar Buys Cascar
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
NASCAR has officially bought CASCAR and will call the series the NASCAR Canadian Tire Series

TSN story
Yeah I read that. I guess all the NASCAR fans will be excited ?? I personally use NASCAR as a sleep aid :lol:
Pft, no wonder they let Peter Gibbons cheat like a mofo
I guess that means the company I work for is not going to be sponsoring anymore. Castrol has sponsored CASCAR for many years and it was a very good move for them. But now that NASCAR owns the series it means that we can no longer sponsor any races. I believe we can still sponsor a car but with Mobil being the official oil of NASCAR it leaves us out. Oh well, I think it will be a good move for the series and it will promote and encourage new Canadian drivers. I see international television coverage and exciting promotions in the future. Maybe even some big name drivers making some apearances, like Tony Stewart did a few years back at Cayuga. I guess we will have to wait and see what comes of the Super Series.
this SHOULD mean a race at martinsville in the next year or two for the cascar series .... this well actaully save the series and help bring prices down that that 1 person doesn't control everything and make you buy from him

This was pretty much firmed up at the barrie race from what i heard back then

I'm gonna have to jump onboard with a cascar team next year, this should be interesting

And castrol shoudl still be fine, maybe they might not have to fork out the money to sponsor a race/series anymore, but the sponsorship with the #17 car shouldn't change at all .. if i remember correctly, earlier this year it was renewed for a couple more years anyways
It is true DJ is still going to be sponsored by Castrol but I think you will see us take a step back in overall sponsorship. We provided a lot of oil to the teams for assoiciate sponsorships. Oh well Canadian racing might take a step up in the overall racing picture. Time will tell.