FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Service Re-flash For '06
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Does anyone know what the specific details are about the service re-flash that was 'issued' on all '06 foci?? I've heard about it a number of times on various sites, that there is a re-flash available that tunes for gas mileage as opposed to emissions.

My car hasn't quite met the 10K mark, but I'm getting seriously crappy mileage. When I went to the dealership for the first service at 5K, I asked the guy behind the counter about the flash, and he said there was nothing like it available. I'm hearing otherwise from different sources. I don't know if it's cause I'm a girl that they're giving me the run around.... but it's pissing me off.

I called again tonight, and the guy said he had to talk to his service foreman and he would phone me back tomorrow. Looking for pointers on what to say to him...

Oh, and P.S. the mileage.... (about 60-70% highway, the rest city, I get about 400kms before the light comes on.)

Any suggestions??
Interesting that they're re-flashing the 06 for mileage issues (Frankly they should be looking at the 05's as well for that)... Are you an autobox or a manual tranny?

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Sep 11 2006, 07:32 PM Wrote:Interesting that they're re-flashing the 06 for mileage issues (Frankly they should be looking at the 05's as well for that)...  Are you an autobox or a manual tranny?

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]206564[/snapback][/right]

She's a manual
That's some seriously bad mileage for a Focus. I get that on 40L in the city with a heavy foot. I'm driving an SPI, but I'm also modded (with some MPG gains due to mods, too).
I will say I get 400-500 driving in the city not babying the car on 40L !!!
NOS2Go4Me,Sep 11 2006, 09:08 PM Wrote:That's some seriously bad mileage for a Focus.
[right][snapback]206570[/snapback][/right]

Which is exactly what I'm thinking... which is why I'm trying to figure out what the heck is going on... I mean, I know the Focus isn't a Toyota or a Honda in terms of mileage.... but this is just silly... and the dealership has nothing to offer right now.... I'll actually be surprised if I get a call back tomorrow if at all.

ZX3guy2000,Sep 11 2006, 09:16 PM Wrote:I will say I get 400-500 driving in the city not babying the car on 40L !!!
[right][snapback]206572[/snapback][/right]

I've given up the lead foot you witnessed first hand on the drive down to Toronto to try and help this whole gas consumption thing along... and still to no avail... no matter how I drive, I'm getting the same mileage...

Frig, even driving to Montreal and back took an entire tank of gas... 460 kms highway driving!!!
just to give my two cents i've got a manual 06 zx3 with 6500 on it and i get at least 480 to a tank not babying it
Your car should get better mileage as it gets older
Chica... My '05 ZX4 ST (Manual, of course) with 31k on it gets about the same mileage... with a 2.3L in it (which I believe is a bigger engine than yours?), I'd DEFINITELY get that looked at.
D-Dub,Sep 12 2006, 01: Wrote:Your car should get better mileage as it gets older
[right][snapback]206591[/snapback][/right]
2000 ZTS ( I know, it's just a sedan ) Zetec 2.0L
540 kms on average per tank. Commute 100kms a day. Mixed driving
K&N drop in filter, removed airbox muffler, lets in more air. sounds good when accelerating.
Last I heard Chica.. you drove like a psycho.
160kmh will cause bad mileage ;)
ZX5chica,Sep 11 2006, 10:21 PM Wrote:
ZX3guy2000,Sep 11 2006, 09:16 PM Wrote:I will say I get 400-500 driving in the city not babying the car on 40L !!!
[right][snapback]206572[/snapback][/right]

[SIZE=medium]I've given up the lead foot[SIZE=x-small] you witnessed first hand on the drive down to Toronto to try and help this whole gas consumption thing along... and still to no avail... no matter how I drive, I'm getting the same mileage...

Frig, even driving to Montreal and back took an entire tank of gas... 460 kms highway driving!!!
[right][snapback]206577[/snapback][/right]

But it says here she has changed her ways!!! But still a victim of poor gas mileage???

I'd just like to re-iterate that it doesn't seem to matter how I drive, I'm getting the same mileage no matter what... I mean, my commute in to work/school everyday is about 20 kms of straight road at about 80 kmph, and then about 5-10 kms of city driving from there... plus the occasional highway trip... I should be getting better mileage!!!

I've even gone so far as to monitor my shift arrow light thingy... and I'm shifting with it, and still getting crap for mileage... explain that
Bring it by the house and I'll check under your hood. :yikes:
meford4u,Sep 12 2006, 11:02 AM Wrote:Bring it by the house and I'll check under your hood. :yikes:
[right][snapback]206648[/snapback][/right]

Seriously though.... you work in the industry don't you?? Have you heard of anything that could be going on??

oh, and P.S..... I'm in Ottawa.... a little far to drive
ZX5chica,Sep 12 2006, 12:14 PM Wrote:
meford4u,Sep 12 2006, 11:02 AM Wrote:Bring it by the house and I'll check under your hood. :yikes:
[right][snapback]206648[/snapback][/right]

Seriously though.... you work in the industry don't you?? Have you heard of anything that could be going on??

oh, and P.S..... I'm in Ottawa.... a little far to drive
[right][snapback]206650[/snapback][/right]
I work in the industry as a painter in a minivan plant. When you want to disuss paint, I'm your man. Anything else is sketchy at best.

And the Ottawa commute would be short when i send you my jet for pick up. :blink: :D
She probably lost her gas mileage when she was driving 160kmh.

It was last seen at a rest stop near Whitby. Did she leave a forwarding address?

:lol:

Chica, if you PM me your VIN I can look up your calibration file, see if it's the latest.

Some "candid shots" of yourself would help me find the information faster. I might even ask Bryan to help. :o
OAC_Sparky,Sep 12 2006, 12:23 PM Wrote:Some "candid shots" of yourself would help me find the information faster. I might even ask Bryan to help.  :o
[right][snapback]206652[/snapback][/right]

That's freaking GOLD! :lol: :rofl:
Like I said before dont panic your car will get better gas mileage as it gets older.................
Pages: 1 2