FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Weird Clunking Sound..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a weird sound coming from the front of the car.

Sounds like a repeated clunking sound, It occurs when the wheel is slightly turned to the left or right. Goes away with some hard braking. The sound is heard both when the clutch is in or out.

The sound is like a door creaking sound when it doesn't have enough oil. When you open the door slowly, it goes creeeeek!, and when you open it faster, it goes creek!.

It is at a certain position, cuz you have to roll the car a certain distance and then creeeek or creek! depending on the speed. Gets annoying up to speed.. creek.. pause.. creek.. pause.. LOL.

Strange... Any ideas?
my buddy's Neon has a creeeeeeeeeeeeeeek whenever he opens the door :) :) :)
NikiterZTS,Sep 11 2006, 06:43 PM Wrote:my buddy's Neon  has a creeeeeeeeeeeeeeek  whenever he opens the door  :) :) :)
[right][snapback]206553[/snapback][/right]

1 problem solved! :lol:
sway bar endlinks???

what does it sound like when going over bumps??
ZX5focused,Sep 11 2006, 11:40 PM Wrote:sway bar endlinks???

what does it sound like when going over bumps??
[right][snapback]206559[/snapback][/right]

No change in sound going over bumps. A sudden throttle input will suddenly quiet the clunk, but letting go of the gas will make it come back. Slowing down gets louder and louder

creek, creeeeek, creeeeeeeeek, creeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek, (stopped).

A hard brake in between those noises will remove the sound completely. I'm not sure where this problem is coming from. I'll drive it my friends place tommorow, put it on jackstands and spin the wheels to see what's going on.

note: I also checked the cv boots, looks intact. Not sure about the end links being the culprint since it still makes a noise driving literally 3km/hr with long creeking noises lol ;)