FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: The Mustang Chronicles Pt 3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
The battle continues.

Sure enough, I pick up the car. I love it, I really do... but the tint, as I figured needs some fixin'... so does the stripe.

I'm gonna call this car Project Second Chance™ .. or Project Do-over™

Because there's more...

Not a day after i get my bling bling black wheels installed, I get an error in the car's message center... Tire Pressure Monitor Fault. Hmm..what could that be?

I do a little reading up, and it's most likely that they forgot to install the sensor straps inside the wheels when mounting the tires....

So I bring it in... everyone's nice enough, and I figure the fix will be simple either way... but oh no.. here's where everything falls apart. Please keep in mind that the sales department is a total separate entity from the service department...

Service department says the wheels don't come with sensors, and therefore there is no way to get rid of that warning (at least the car is doing what it should be doing!)..
So now I have to take it up with the sales lady... and it's going to be up to them to figure out who's paying for what, because I'm not settling for aftermarket wheels that toss error codes and having them rip me off more on the cost of the wheels.

I'm seriously starting to lose patience... I'm making way too many trips there, and I have a customer contract starting up soon meaning I can't just up and leave whenever i wish.
Oh no.

NO NO NO ....

You have to be kidding. Why didn;t they warn ou this would happen with those particular wheels?
Man that sux big time.

This car just seems to be fighting you at every corner.

And i'd be asking why if the rims are a factory option they don't come with the necessary equipment to stop them from throwing codes.
That's ridculous Steve, if these are FORD rims and they throw trouble codes because required parts are missing in the wheels they sold you and the dealership knew this was going to happen and said jack, I'd be banging heads down there...

Seriously that dealership is just begging for the roasting you should give them over this.

NefCanuck
Not suprising that no one had the foresight or concern to check this issue when the wheels were ordered or when they were installed. *shakes head*
That really sucks man. Horrible over-suckage. Britney Spears on E suckage.

Wow. You can order wheels that FUBAR your pressure-sensing capabilities, and there's no way to fix it. THat's some f***ed up s*** right there.
the bitch with those sensors is they rust out too.... they need replacing every so often :blink:
darkpuppet,Sep 11 2006, 03:55 PM Wrote:Service department says the wheels don't come with sensors, and therefore there is no way to get rid of that warning (at least the car is doing what it should be doing!)..
So now I have to take it up with the sales lady... and it's going to be up to them to figure out who's paying for what, because I'm not settling for aftermarket wheels that toss error codes and having them rip me off more on the cost of the wheels.
[right][snapback]206505[/snapback][/right]
Have you asked the service department what they do in the case of a failed sensor? I can't see that they replace the whole $400 rim for the price of a $50 sensor.

Seems to me they should be able to order 4 sensors and install them.

(One caveat -- at the plant they do come from the vendor pre-installed.)

Short of that, they should be able to use a Star programmer to kill the warning light as a last resort.
I'm fully expecting that they will source and order in the sensors... otherwise I'll fight to have the wheels go back.. that'll really screw with the financing.

They're just a strap with a little box on one side.. they were able to bring them in for the shelby gt500... so I don't see it being an issue to bring them in for my car.

Disabling the light via programming is unacceptable IMO.
scoobasteve,Sep 11 2006, 05:40 PM Wrote:the bitch with those sensors is they rust out too.... they need replacing every so often :blink:
[right][snapback]206546[/snapback][/right]
That's one of the arguments for filling your tires with nitrogen.
give the car back...
D-Dub,Sep 12 2006, 01: Wrote:give the car back...
[right][snapback]206593[/snapback][/right]

Bound agreement.

Can't do that.

Nice try though./
So you've already signed and taken delivery of the car, and NOW they do this to you?

Either get a lawyer, or just give the rims back and get credited for it / adjust your financing.

This is going down faster than MJ on a 5-year old.
I think you guys are over reacting actually.

I'm sure with a civil conversation, they will work it for you Steve-0
I'm glad someone else said it.

[Image: Mob1Custom.jpg]
were those wheels a factory option? like in the brochoure?

if not, quit your bitchin' ....

you simply bought aftermarket wheels my friend.....we sell those exact wheels....adn likely for less too

if they are in the literature then, perhaps you have grounds for debate
The dealership should make it right, give them a chance.
This would have never happened if you bought the GT.

:P
Oscar The Grouch,Sep 12 2006, 12:53 PM Wrote:This would have never happened if you bought the GT.

:P
[right][snapback]206696[/snapback][/right]

:ph34r:

Naww, it would have went down the same way.
D-Dub,Sep 12 2006, 01: Wrote:give the car back...
[right][snapback]206593[/snapback][/right]

After what I went threw with Ford and my focus, then this happened to me, I would be shoving the keys down the salemans throat. Your focus experience is a little better than mine though....

Then again, I wouldnt make the mistake of buying another Ford in the 1st place. ;)

What do they say? You fool me once, shame on you...
Pages: 1 2 3