FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Which Set Of All Seasons Should I Use This Winter?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
so my car came with a set of bfg 'traction t/a' and i just picked up a set of 'winter wheels' that came with conti extremecontact (yea i know.. stupid me.. but it was $275 for a set of OE wheels and the dude was local!!)

frankly i'm skeptical that either set will offer good snow traction, but i just can't bring myself to throw down for a set of hakkas (maybe first snow will change that!!!)

what do you think guys, which set should i try out as my 'winter' set first
I know the local police seen some snow with their CV's with traction t/a's and they seem to do ok.... aslong as you can drive :D yah should do fine.
if you watch a few classified sections on different forums you can usually find good winter tires for cheap with lots of tread on them .. but it also depends on your location and how much you drive aswell .. you could probably do without a set of snow tires
Depending on where you live, sometimes its better to get real snow tires. I find all seasons aren't good in the winter whatsoever.

If you can, get Michelin X-ice or Bridgestone Blizzaks.

You could also ask some tire places to see if they still have some used good snow tires still in stock.
Goodyear Integrity tires stick nicely in the white stuff for me. I've never been stuck yet.
For economical winter driving, you could just head down to Canadian tire. I think they even have their winter tires on sale this week, 30% off.

and before you trash Can tire, these tires were rated very good on a winter tire comparison in Consumer reports (i think thats where i read it). they were almost as good as the X-ice, but like half the cost.

im gonna buy a set.

Norm
I'm running Bridgestone Potenzas

[Image: Bridgestone_Potenza_RE910-resized200.jpg]
ANTHONYD,Sep 11 2006, 04:35 PM Wrote:I'm running Bridgestone Potenzas
[right][snapback]206515[/snapback][/right]

Are those the G009's? How much did they run you if you don't mind the question.

NefCanuck
thanks guys. ya i know all about the benefits of dedicated winter tires.. even the cheapest winter tires in 205/55/16 size i can find would be like $260us a set, and dam it i'm just being cheap.. :P i did get these wheels off nasioc, all the sets with dedicated winter tires were too far for me. i live near nyc, winter isn't as bad as toronto, so i'm going to try and get away with all season..

so between traction t/a and conti extreme contact any votes.. so far one vote for traction t/a :)
what model of traction t/a is it though?
umm there are different models? it says traction t/a on the side? how can i find out
Not sure, the thread pattern maybe?

Here's a link
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/bfg/bfg_all.jsp