FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: A Neat Feature On The Bmw And It..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was showing the car to a friend of mine and when i started it the check light was flashing on the dash, Im thinkin 'oh great'....

Then my freind points to this little panel with red LED's up by my rear view mirror. Its a panel that tells me light bulb status for every bulb! I didnt think it worked, the guy said it did, but it kind of looks ghetto and didnt look like it got much use.

So a Red LED was flashing beside "License plate" and I check it out. The wires got tangled somehow on the locking mechasnism for the trunk and the left one was disconnected. reconnected and checked Bulb status....status ok! :lol:

Anyways, thats my little story :P I was impressed for an 18 year old car.
hehe its always cool when old cars surprise you right?

must be because expectations are so low with winter beaters.. i still remember how giddy i got everytime i hit the big red '4WD' button on the loyale (still the most kicka$$ old car feature i have encountered) !!
the new chrysler LX cars have this feature, its pretty sweet. I didn't get the option on my 300 (those pressure sensors are over $100 a piece at the dealer and need replacing every so often). I think the chrysler system gives an exact readout, the 300m special i took out before i got my C said the exact tire pressure.
euro_zx5,Sep 10 2006, 11:31 PM Wrote:That's pretty cool. Got any shots of the dash/hud?
[right][snapback]206402[/snapback][/right]

yeah I'll take pics of this thing. Like I said it looks kind of funny....almost aftermarket from Canadian tire funny :lol:
Flofocus,Sep 11 2006, 09:05 AM Wrote:
euro_zx5,Sep 10 2006, 11:31 PM Wrote:That's pretty cool. Got any shots of the dash/hud?

yeah I'll take pics of this thing. Like I said it looks kind of funny....almost aftermarket from Canadian tire funny :lol:
[right][snapback]206440[/snapback][/right]

My buddy has that display on his showcar e30... hahaha, all the lights are on. what a horrible mess of wiring.
scoobasteve,Sep 11 2006, 11:27 AM Wrote:

My buddy has that display on his showcar e30... hahaha, all the lights are on. what a horrible mess of wiring.
[right][snapback]206459[/snapback][/right]

why are scoobas replies needing approval?

lol, yeah it looks so bad. haha. It even has a little button for 'testing' the LED's
Flofocus,Sep 11 2006, 11:42 AM Wrote:
scoobasteve,Sep 11 2006, 11:27 AM Wrote:

[right][snapback]206459[/snapback][/right]

why are scoobas replies needing approval?

lol, yeah it looks so bad. haha. It even has a little button for 'testing' the LED's
[right][snapback]206462[/snapback][/right]

Meford was being a jackass and banned me for 2 minutes when i was away this weekend :lol:
??
WHORED.
Poor Flo :(

:postpics:
Flofocus,Sep 10 2006, 09:43 PM Wrote:I was showing the car to a friend of mine and when i started it the check light was flashing on the dash, Im thinkin 'oh great'....

Then my freind points to this little panel with red LED's  up by my rear view mirror.  Its a panel that tells me light bulb status for every bulb!  I didnt think it worked, the guy said it did, but it kind of looks ghetto and didnt look like it got much use.

So a Red LED was flashing beside "License plate" and I check it out.  The wires got tangled somehow on the locking mechasnism for the trunk and the left one was disconnected.  reconnected and checked Bulb status....status ok!  :lol:

Anyways, thats my little story :P  I was impressed for an 18 year old car.
[right][snapback]206387[/snapback][/right]

You got a beemer! Bastard.. I'm getting a beemer next.. always have to be one step ahead don't you.. taking all my ideas :D

How's it working? Like it? Is there another thread that i missed somewhere?
ANTHONYD,Sep 11 2006, 03:15 PM Wrote:WHORED.
[right][snapback]206498[/snapback][/right]

Fixed. :D

Berin, check out my 'Justy's replacement' thread....

Bought a 88 325ix.

I'll be updating the thread shortly with pics of the bulb control center :lol:
Looks like all the lights are on but its the flash

[Image: DSCF2959.jpg]

with the bbs wheels on

[Image: DSCF2961.jpg]
My 1984 Mustang GT has a similar feature, if you can call it that. It hasn't worked right since we replaced the fuel tank sending unit, and the low fuel light won't go out. :D

Ryan
You still have the mustang?

(on topic) Flo.... put your seat belt on!!!!

naz,Sep 10 2006, 11:04 PM Wrote:hehe its always cool when old cars surprise you right?

must be because expectations are so low with winter beaters.. i still remember how giddy i got everytime i hit the big red '4WD' button on the loyale (still the most kicka$$ old car feature i have encountered) !!
[right][snapback]206395[/snapback][/right]

I still remember that thread and the cool MS paint chop pics..... :D

Boyaaaah button