FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: High Hopes!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hockey starts tonight. Statistics say that today the Toronto Maple Leaf fans are at their peak level of optimism...............tomorrow they will be at there normal level of depression :P GO LEAFS GO !!!!!!!
oldeguy,Oct 1 2009, 07:09 AM Wrote:Hockey starts tonight. Statistics say that  today the Toronto Maple Leaf fans are at their peak level of optimism...............tomorrow they will be at there normal level of depression :P  GO LEAFS GO !!!!!!!
[right][snapback]295204[/snapback][/right]

Maybe if Burke wasn't starting the train wreck in net tonight, you guys could have a couple more days of optimism before the depression kicks in. :ph34r:
With the renewed defense core, and the Monster in goal (forget Toskala), I think they will have a better year.

02ztsian

Looks like Gustavsson is the real deal. That save on the 2 on 0 against Detroit was amazing. And anyone else notice all alternate captains are d-men? No captain yet....
I think the leafs are going ot have one helluva year this year....in a good way.

Cant beleive I just said that. :ph34r:
Flofocus,Oct 1 2009, 09:57 AM Wrote:I think the leafs are going ot have one helluva year this year....in a good way.

Cant beleive I just said that. :ph34r:
[right][snapback]295217[/snapback][/right]

Me neither :blink:

However, I think you habs fans are in for a LONG season.
oh yeah! Price & Halak better be fawkin sharp, were going to need them.
It's so bad, your guys won't even play for the farm team! :lol:
Wonder how many games before the Leafs turn their attention to their golf game...
Why do they call the leafs goalie " Monster "

Gustavsson 6'3 192lbs????

Auld was like 6'5 if im not mistaken. granted he was full of holes :lol:
ANTHONYD,Oct 1 2009, 12:48 PM Wrote:It's so bad, your guys won't even play for the farm team! :lol:
[right][snapback]295231[/snapback][/right]
hold the phone, we havent started yetm you dont want to be eating your words so soon!

Quote:A man enters a bar and orders a drink. The bar has a robot bartender. The robot serves him a perfectly prepared cocktail, and then asks him, "What's your IQ?"

The man replies "150" and the robot proceeds to make conversation about global warming factors, quantum physics and spirituality, biochemistry, environmental interconnectedness, string theory, nano-technology, and sexual proclivities.

The customer is very impressed and thinks, "This is really cool."

He decides to test the robot. He walks out of the bar, turns around, and comes back in for another drink. Again, the robot serves him the perfectly prepared drink and asks him, "What's your IQ?"

The man responds, "Around 100."

Immediately the robot starts talking, but this time, about football, fast cars, baseball, super models, favourite fast foods, guns, and women's breasts.

Really impressed, the man leaves the bar and decides to give the robot one more test. He returns, the robot serves him and asks, "What's your IQ?"

The man replies, "Duuuh, 50, I think."

And the robot says... real slowly. "So...............you gon-na cheer for the  To-ronto Maple Leafs  a-gain this year?"
I'm sure I post this one every year...

Q: What do the Montreal Canadiens and the Titanic have in common?

A: They both look mighty impressive -- until they hit the ice.
That will be 1 fast sinking ship
The best part of this year is that the Leafs have been drama free in training camp and the pre-seaon, something that hasn't been the case in a number of years (aside from the heart procedure "The Monster" had done... I don't think it was removal :ph34r:)

Contrast that with the Habs... right now it looks like they've found the perfect coach for them, a stiff coaching another bunch of stiffs :P

Bets on if the Leafs can make Price cry like a baby again? :P

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Oct 1 2009, 02:31 PM Wrote:Bets on if the Leafs can make Price cry like a baby again? :P
[right][snapback]295244[/snapback][/right]

isn't Vincent Price dead?
NefCanuck,Oct 1 2009, 02:31 PM Wrote:Bets on if the Leafs can make Price cry like a baby again? :P

NefCanuck

Again? You should check the stats from last year 1 more time.

And I forgot to post a sighting about you. Did you know it was me in the blue WRX a few weeks ago?
Flofocus,Oct 1 2009, 02:31 PM Wrote:

NefCanuck

Again? You should check the stats from last year 1 more time.

And I forgot to post a sighting about you. Did you know it was me in the blue WRX a few weeks ago?
[right][snapback]295249[/snapback][/right]

I could have sworn it was last season but may have indeed been the year before. Leafs had shelled Price and in the post game he's practically bawling like someone told him Santa Claus was dead :P

Blue WRX? Oh waitasec, that was you? I remember, it was Aug 30 and I was heading out to the on track event @ Mosport and I was like "Why is a Scoobie owner scoping out my car? Looking for something new to laugh at? :lol:"

NefCanuck
darkpuppet,Oct 1 2009, 01:58 PM Wrote:

isn't Vincent Price dead?
[right][snapback]295245[/snapback][/right]

As dead as your joke is :P

NefCanuck
Heres an interesting read from the Pittsburgh Post Gazette:
http://community.post-gazette.com/blogs/ra...out-hockey.aspx

Note: Crosby was never even mentioned, which makes it double-plus good.
Bah.
Blew another one in overtime.

OLE´
Pages: 1 2