FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Check Out This Ram-air Hood For The Volant
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
WHAT A COOL DESIGN.

LOOKS NORMAL ON THE TOP....

[Image: d1_1.JPG]

CHECK THE DUCT WORK UNDERNEATH!

[Image: 41_1.JPG]
I like it !!
im considering of buyin one in the future if i can find a right price
i think this kind of hoods will work for many more short ram intake.....even the ones with superchargers.....most of the filrters are located on that side
Would it really move much air? It reminds me of my low-pro scoop I had on my Ranger, except this one's even smaller.

It's a sweet, clean design though :)
I think it would work quite well actually.

It would keep my Volant from sucking in all that ICE COLD air from behind my headlight. :lol:
would have to do some cutting to make the opening bigger, but other than that it look like it would work
hmm some how I can see rain or snow going in there and dripping down on the cold air intake while driving, and the joy of joys when that happens!
^^^i was having the same quastion
Frost__2001,Sep 7 2006, 07:03 PM Wrote:hmm some how I can see rain or snow going in there and dripping down on the cold air intake while driving, and the joy of joys when that happens!
[right][snapback]206072[/snapback][/right]

Performance Hoods Feature:

Fully functional cold-air intake scoop(s) for added horsepower
Works with most aftermarket top-mount cold-air intake systems
Light-weight OEM spec composite material and with a primed finish, aprox. 30% lighter than stock.
Internal water-control system prevents rain and snow from getting into air intake system of engine
Reinforced mounting point allows use of factory prop rod
OEM-style crush initiators
Coated latch, coated metal hinge mounting hardware

I just hope it works!

ZX3guy2000,Sep 8 2006, 12:03 AM Wrote:
Frost__2001,Sep 7 2006, 07:03 PM Wrote:hmm some how I can see rain or snow going in there and dripping down on the cold air intake while driving, and the joy of joys when that happens!
[right][snapback]206072[/snapback][/right]
Internal water-control system prevents rain and snow from getting into air intake system of engine[right][snapback]206114[/snapback][/right]

Or... lightly put, door screening and foam to prevent moisture from entering the hood. I think there should be some sort of replaceable or cleanable add-on that could prevent such an incident... and seriously, I doubt the company actually went through much trouble to mfr a hood so snow or rain could enter.

Maybe the internals are angled so if water were to go 'in' then it would pour back out, but that would defeat the purpose of a 'ram air' style hood as the air way won't be a straight through design. I'd like to see the exact design of the hood if I were purchasing it.
ya i saw it on ebay for a 250$ as a starting bid no reserve a couple weeks back looked fairly similar dont trust it though