FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Gm Leapfrogs Ford Warrenty
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
GM just announced that all of their 07 models will carry 5y / 100k miles powertrain warranty which includes roadside assistance and courrtesy transportation.

This of course beats out Ford's new 5y/70k miles Poweretrain warranty with roadside assistance which they announced a month ago, and that also is included with all 2007 models

Both automakers keep the 3y/36k miles bumper to bumper warranty.

Does his mean they EXPECT their cars to have an ungawdly number of issues?
:lol:
well it's still good though Anthony, mainly because anyone buying a GM will like the fact just having the extra warrenty when buying something under the GM brand name.
You mean the rest of you guys don't have 5/100k powertrain warranty/road side assistance??? :o I thought all 03+ Focus' got that, or maybe it was just SVTs?
I had that.

I just find it weird that they think a beefy warrantee will make people buy their cars.....

:blink:
SVT ZX3,Sep 7 2006, 10:43 AM Wrote:You mean the rest of you guys don't have 5/100k powertrain warranty/road side assistance??? :o I thought all 03+ Focus' got that, or maybe it was just SVTs?
[right][snapback]205922[/snapback][/right]
Canada 5years/100k KILOMETERS

US 5years/70k MILES
OAC_Sparky,Sep 7 2006, 09:00 AM Wrote:
SVT ZX3,Sep 7 2006, 10:43 AM Wrote:You mean the rest of you guys don't have 5/100k powertrain warranty/road side assistance??? :o I thought all 03+ Focus' got that, or maybe it was just SVTs?
Canada 5years/100k KILOMETERS

US 5years/70k MILES
[right][snapback]205935[/snapback][/right]

Yeah, just noticed MILES.....nevermind.......damn working and posting @ the same time.
SVT ZX3,Sep 7 2006, 09:43 AM Wrote:You mean the rest of you guys don't have 5/100k powertrain warranty/road side assistance??? :o I thought all 03+ Focus' got that, or maybe it was just SVTs?
My '02 SVT had the 5/100 and my '04 Marauder has it also.
ANTHONYD,Sep 7 2006, 10:52 AM Wrote:I had that.

I just find it weird that they think a beefy warrantee will make people buy their cars.....

:blink:
[right][snapback]205929[/snapback][/right]

You know the idea Anthony "The perception belies the reality" If average Consumer sees Manufacturer X willing to back up their cars with beefy warranties that leapfrog others by a goodly amount that tends to suggest to consumers that the manufacturer is willing to stand behind their product :rolleyes:

Of course REALITY is a whole other ball of wax (IE: The car needs the warranty extension because its rep is shaky at best)

NefCanuck
^^^MY POINT EXACTLY.

Build a better product and you won't need the dog and pony show.
ANTHONYD,Sep 7 2006, 03:56 PM Wrote:^^^MY POINT EXACTLY.

Build a better product and you won't need the dog and pony show.
[right][snapback]206040[/snapback][/right]

Yeah but that costs more $ than beefing up the warranty on the chance that the substandard parts they spec will fall before the warranty expires :rolleyes:

NefCanuck