FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Wtb Stock Rocker Panels Zx3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey anyone got a set of stock rocker panels, the ones on my car are painted silver and i would like the stock ones, not really interested in stripping paint off of plastic if you guys catch my drift.

Im looking specifically for ones that will fit my ZX3 pre 2004
Thanks
Might help, with letting us know where your from, but I might have some for ya! Will have to double check on my plans to see if I need mine anymore!

striping paint with the right stuff takes a whole 2 minutes. ;)
I've got mine from my 2002 ZX3.. really depends on your location though, as these things would be a pain in the ass to box up and ship.
Ditto. Have my stock black plastic ones... but would depend where you are. Honestly, though, it would be easier to strip the ones you have now, than it is to sand down and prep the textured OEM plastic ones.
Any ideas on what to use to strip the paint off these ones already on my car ? I live in the GTA btw , i just dont like the silver paint the previous owner of the car put on there, its flaking off......GD man , why do people have to cheap out all the time ????
:P
Just sand it.
Casper,Sep 18 2006, 04:24 PM Wrote:Just sand it.
[right][snapback]207553[/snapback][/right]

Nah i dont want to sand it , thats why i would rather buy a set if anyone has some, also there was no sanding done on the previous pair that are currently on the car , just painted over on top. Since i dont plan on painting them, i would just like the factory textured plastic, believe me , after running a few solo events and some backroads driving (which i tend to do) the paint will be chipped to hell and look like ass , so yeah ...

I was thinking of using brake fluid on a rag and stripping the paint like that off of them , you think this might work ??

Well tried the brake fuild, no success , thinking about brake cleaner ?? That crap is strong i know....

Anyone have any ideas besides sanding ???

Acetone. Relatively cheap at Canadian Tire.
Mike,Sep 26 2006, 06:55 PM Wrote:Anyone have any ideas besides sanding ???
[right][snapback]208641[/snapback][/right]

Did you try any actual paint removing chemicals? Paint thinner or acetone eat through paint, that and gasoline does too. There are also heavy duty paint stripping chemicals but you never know what they'll do to the plastic underneath.

I guess the problem is finding something that is strong enough to get through the paint, but not strong enough to eat the plastic too..