FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Clutch Slipping
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just installed a spec 3 clutch and i'm going tru the breaking period but it's slipping at around 2500rpms, it only happens when u press a little more gas like going up a hill or just to pass someone. Other than that it'a all good. Can't push the car so i'm not really sure is will slip at higher rpms. Has anyone had this problem??
Your not supposed to go above 3000rpm for first 600 miles or something like this.

IE: no hard shifting applying Torque under load and stuff like that. Failure to do that you'll never get the clutch to seat proper.
You need to go over 3000 k, A proper brake in is NO full throttle for 1st 1000 km no Hard shifts and no cruisin. Always be moving at different speeds if ur on the highway speed up slowly to 120 then back down to 110 then 120 then down to 90 and blah blah keep going thru the rpm's and in different gears for the first 200 km you should only be on the gas about 25% then move onto 50% and 75% after 500 km till full throttle around 1000 KM its a pain but needs to be done. If you went full thottle right out of the shop u misght of messed the realease barring or fly wheel crap. If you didn't install it urself take it back to the shop for them to inspect that everything was reinstalled properly If you did it urself email Danny from Spec Canada at Danny@specclutch.com tell him you got his email address from f ukenricen.ca
^^ what he said...I retract my comments above it :)
Can you tell that I did some research when I got a new clutch. LOL

How is the car doing have you done anythign about it yet?
ZX3_2NV,Oct 5 2009, 04:31 PM Wrote:Can you tell that I did some research when I got a new clutch. LOL

How is the car doing have you done anythign about it yet?
[right][snapback]295484[/snapback][/right]

I havent driven the car in a week as i traded my 04 zx5 for a 2010 escape limited. So as u know i have been driving the suv all week. I did call spec and he say keep driving it and and all the stuff i was doing was right. So i got to keep driving it. Thanks for ur help.