FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Do Any Of You Own A Scooter?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
so we just went and got my mom this 2003 Honda Jazz scooter (i know its a funny looking thing) so she can ride it to work....yea i know its almost winter but the guy at my work sold it to us for $1300...(that is the best price we could find,cnsidering all other ones that are good start from $2000)..it has 2700k on.....looks in mint condtion.....the thing is really fun.....not like ur gonna catch me ridding this thing but yea it goes 60km/h...

so i was just wondering maybe you or your mom or gf's own any of these schooters and if you like them? any problems maybe?

[Image: Honda_Jazz.jpg]
Does your mom have a class M? You do know you need to have one to drive one know. If she doesn't she'll have to go through the graduated licensing racket.
no she doesn't ...and yes she's goin for one.....can't believe these things really need one :)
never had one and never will, a friend of mine has a vespa, she bought it "because it is cute" so needless to say she loves it, but if tehre were any problems she probably would not even notice.. lol
^^^well me and my dad used to have 3 bikes before....i think it'll be easy to notest if something is wrong with this thing since we have some experience

yea its hard for me to see some guy riding those....they are waaay too girly ......oh well i'll take it for a spin tonight again when its dark out lol
Did you know that the little funny thing you are refering to won the award for the most ultimate motorcycle a few years back. Or at least something similar.

It's one of the most succesful models and has owners in just about EVERY country in the world.

Apparently, they're crazy tough too.

I definately rock a vintage Vespa.

[Image: vespa.jpg]
f*** no, I dont own a scooter! :lol:
ANTHONYD,Sep 6 2006, 10:03 AM Wrote:Did you know that the little funny thing you are refering to won the award for the most ultimate motorcycle a few years back. Or at least something similar.

It's one of the most succesful models and has owners in just about EVERY country in the world.

Apparently, they're crazy tough too.

I definately rock a vintage Vespa.

[Image: vespa.jpg]
[right][snapback]205705[/snapback][/right]

lol this can actually carry 3 people? we tried 2 yestarday and the thing looked like a lowrider
plus its got only 50cc
I'm willing to pay $5 for a pic of Anthony shoe-horned into the sidecar with Puppet driving, Meford in back..... :ph34r:

OK, $10. No Photoshops.

:lol:
OAC_Sparky,Sep 6 2006, 05:06 PM Wrote:I'm willing to pay $5 for a pic of Anthony shoe-horned into the sidecar with Puppet driving, Meford in back..... :ph34r:

OK, $10. No Photoshops.

:lol:
[right][snapback]205811[/snapback][/right]

That's worth 10 bucks, at least! Someone, photochop away to give us a better idea!
can't wait to see......don't forget to put stickers on the side "Focuscanada.net"
pls pls tell your mom to wear all the gear, all the time.. not just a helmet, mc specific gloves and boots, back protector, jacket and pants. an aerostitch would be a great investment if she is commuting on that thing.

i know most of you will find it funny, but a scooter carries the same risks as larger displacement MCs.. the final collision speed in most accidents is around 25mph, and even a scooter can reach those speeds... so pls ride safe, wear all the gear and tell her to ride like every car around her is trying to kill her
naz,Sep 9 2006, 12:59 AM Wrote:tell her to ride like every car around her is trying to kill her
[right][snapback]206273[/snapback][/right]
Exactly. Many drivers can't see a full tourer on the road, nevermind a powered scooter. And the scooter doesn't have the power to avoid many situations. Ride it like it's a bicycle.
BTW they are hilarious to ride in Bermuda.
i rode them in Cuba...down there they r a lil bit more powerfull and go up to 85km/h....no helmet....drunk.....still no fall...lets say it was very fun
so my mom had this damn scooter for 20 days....and today happened something that we are all afraid of......she got in the accident.....pretty bad one....bad enough that they had to call an ambulance right away..some idiot was backing in into his drive way and didn't look around...she doesn't remember how and what exectly happened......but does remember that when she was on the ground she was yelling to a guy why he didn't check his blind spot........helmet ofcourse did its job, there are marks on it how it hit the pavment......now she's all brused up and can't really walk with out any help of another person......
my dad doesn't want to get any other bike ever again.....
what a luck i tell ya