FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Hatch Power Release
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i am having problems with my wife's hatch power release on her 2000 ZX3.

does anyone have a wiring diagram? there are 3 wires in the wiring to the power unit in the hatch (i have the cover off of the hatch) - there is a black, a white/green and a black/orange. assuming that the black is the ground - i have 12V power from the black/orange across the black all of the time - is this right or is there a short? there is nothing across the white/green and black.

there is no change across the wires when you hit the dash button or the key fob

thanks, peter
yamin,Sep 3 2006, 06:56 PM Wrote:i am having problems with my wife's hatch power release on her 2000 ZX3.

does anyone have a wiring diagram? there are 3 wires in the wiring to the power unit in the hatch (i have the cover off of the hatch) - there is a black, a white/green and a black/orange. assuming that the black is the ground - i have 12V power from the black/orange across the black all of the time - is this right or is there a short? there is nothing across the white/green and black.

there is no change across the wires when you hit the dash button or the key fob

thanks, peter
[right][snapback]205246[/snapback][/right]
You need 12V across the white/green and black to actuate the hatchlock motor.

1) Check the 20A fuse for the lock system. The fuse is on the BACK of the passenger compartment fuse panel.
2) Check the black to make sure it's a good ground.
3) Check for 12V across the green when the button is pushed. If you get power, it's the lock mechansm.
------
4)Disconnect the harness from the dash button and test the switch to make sure it's good.
5)The next part gets more in-depth -- you'd have to locate the central lock module, and check the white/green for power there.
all the wires in my hatch were severed due to opening and closing the hatch so much. The wires broke at the top of the hatch right where they come out. Just unhook the rubber water sealer thingy on the top and slide it down. you will see if your wires are severed like mine.....its a 30 second check, easier to check this than change a fuse!!

Might be worth it.
Flofocus,Sep 5 2006, 08:43 AM Wrote:all the wires in my hatch were severed due to opening and closing the hatch so much.  The wires broke at the top of the hatch right where they come out.  Just unhook the rubber water sealer thingy on the top and slide it down.  you will see if your wires are severed like mine.....its a 30 second check, easier to check this than change a fuse!!

Might be worth it.
[right][snapback]205365[/snapback][/right]
^^Good advice...I had forgotten that was an issue with the hatches.
Yeah when my rear wiper stopped working, then my signals started activating my high beams, I was like :blink: Time to check something out here!! :lol:

Sure enuff, a few wires were exposed and touching eachother, the rear wiper wasnt working because the wire was comepletely severed. Some new wire, some solder, and shrink wrap fixed it right up!! B)
Thanks for the input. There were 3 wires broke at the top of the hatch. Everything is working fine now.
Another problem solved by you friends on FocusCanada.Net :lol:
yamin,Sep 12 2006, 10:15 AM Wrote:Thanks for the input. There were 3 wires broke at the top of the hatch. Everything is working fine now.
[right][snapback]206617[/snapback][/right]

Your welcome B)