FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Wiper Problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
HI all

I am having a problem where my wiper blades dont work in the mode where you press down the wiper switch and it does one wipe and then stops (whats that called?)

The problem is I have to hold down the switch to get it to wipe, and then when I let go the blades stop whereever they are. Also, in automatic intermittent mode, they seem to stop a little higher up on the window then normal.

I have tried replacing the wiper switch, but the same problem occurs. I have also checked the fuse and it looks ok. The only thing I cant check is relay 19 in the passenger fuse box. I am not sure how to get at it - there seems to be a metal plate blocking it.

Any advice on how to get at this relay or anything else to check is appreciated!

It must be a problem with the 03's.... i've noticed that my Mom's ZX5 has been doing the same thing :blink:

Try taking it in to Ford and get them to fix it under warrenty
SL8RZZX3,Sep 3 2006, 03:00 PM Wrote:It must be a problem with the 03's.... i've noticed that my Mom's ZX5 has been doing the same thing  :blink:

Try taking it in to Ford and get them to fix it under warrenty
[right][snapback]205237[/snapback][/right]

I have 120K on the car - so no warranty left. :(
My wipers wouldn't park when the switch was turned off or when using the single pass function (pushing down on the switch). I had warranty and it turned out to be the wiper relay. I think the bill to the warranty company was something like $120 that I didn't have to pay. I think the relay was only like $20 or something like that.
Focus man, Focus.,Sep 9 2006, 08:36 AM Wrote:My wipers wouldn't park when the switch was turned off or when using the single pass function (pushing down on the switch).  I had warranty and it turned out to be the wiper relay.  I think the bill to the warranty company was something like $120 that I didn't have to pay.  I think the relay was only like $20 or something like that.
[right][snapback]206285[/snapback][/right]

Yup replaced my relay today. 29bucks for the part, took 10 min.