FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Mazdaspeed3 Pricing/hp Figures/availability Set
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just got this email update yesterday....

Quote:Everyone sees the family resemblance. But clearly, this one turned out different. It's the upstart brother that'll never settle down. The one that runs with a faster, tougher crowd.
The all-new MAZDASPEED3 fights convention at every turn - thanks to a turbocharged and intercooled 2.3L engine linked to a close-ratio 6-speed manual transmission. Advanced, Direct Injection Spark Ignition (DISI) technology delivers 263 horsepower, making this one of the most amped-up sport compacts anywhere.
A unique hood design made to house the turbo, distinctive front and rear fascias, specially sculpted fenders and a "floating" rear spoiler bring just enough style not to blow its deceivingly low profile. And on the inside, there are high-bolstered sport seats, MAZDASPEED gauges and even an auxiliary jack for your MP3 player.
And now that you've been introduced, don't act surprised when things get wild. The all-new MAZDASPEED3. It isn't for everybody.
Available September 2006, the MAZDASPEED3 starts at just $30,995. See your local Mazda dealer for details.
Click here for more information.
Zoom-Zoom,

Mazda Canada
http://www.mazda.ca
It seems a little pricey, starts over $30000, a lot of other nice cars in that arena. It is powerful and has a lot of toys though. Just my thoughts.

David
I'll let you guys know how they are when they come in. I work at a Mazda dealer....
That's a pretty sweet setup for sure. Very nice :)
30k is exactly where i thought theyd start these out.

Isnt a new focus st close to 30k after taxes and s***?

The new civic Si starts out at what....26k? and still under 200hp, not mentioning the pathetic torque. wait, I just did. :lol:

This is a good deal, will be an even better deal when a few years old.

Edit: still disappointed about no AWD. :(
So WTF is Ford doing with the Focus then...it's becoming a "fleet" car, as they make it more visually bland with each new version, and it is falling FAR behind on the performance standpoint too. Same old Ford....more concerned with selling millions of bread n' butter cars, and not what enthusiasts want.

Still, with all that the Mazda has to offer, it makes my car look really wimpy.

Guess I need to just give in and trade my ZX3 on an 07 Mustang GT...
yeah but the sedan is not an option, the new 3 Speed is only in the 5 door sport model.
Too bad it's a station wagon. Call it what you want 5dr hatch whatever, that's a wagon. The sedan is 1000% better looking. FWD 260ish hp. waste. should've put the awd in it.
Either way, I'm digruntled that Ford lets it's junior brands have more potent vehicles than they do in some segments. The only way to get performance remotely close to the new hot hatches is to buy a car like DP's...
Drivesthebeast,Sep 3 2006, 09:22 AM Wrote:Either way, I'm digruntled that Ford lets it's junior brands have more potent vehicles than they do in some segments.  The only way to get performance remotely close to the new hot hatches is to buy a car like DP's...
[right][snapback]205226[/snapback][/right]

I'd find it VERY hard to view Mazda as a Junior brand. Kia, Daewoo....yea..sure...but Mazda has been a front runner for many years now.

as far as the MS3 is concerned ....you are getting TREMENDOUS value for 30k ...it's only close/reasonable competition is the MkV GTi .....nothing else comes close.

the true test is the Dyno figures....

see stock Gti's are flywheel rated @ 200hp and dyno in at .....drumroll.... 196 at the wheels!!!!!

badass...

if the MS3 is that much under-rated, i'm going to be quite pleased!! ...either way...i'ts a sweet setup actually.
MazdaSpeed 3 looks amazing, and is not a WAGON. a wagon has to have a huge rear space, and 3 does have one, but as big as a wagon.

All the MazdaSpeed products are produced by a handleful of people maybe 12 in total for the entire MazdaSpeed brand.

No one has mentioned it has an LSD, i don't really care about AWD like everyone else it would make the car out of the reach that the car is targeted too.

I meant that Mazda is a junior brand in terms of the Ford family...being under Ford's wing...

Either way, it sucks that the Focus has become so lackluster in recent times compared to cars like the MS3
I don't know how anyone can be dissapointed in this car. There is only one option I think (NAV system) so its not like the price can really change that much from where it starts. And who's dissapointed with 263 horsepower @ 5500 rpm and 280 lb.-ft. of torque at 3000 rpm and a factory LSD to handle the power??? Pretty good IMHO.
im gonna make sure to take this car out for a good test drive
is this the same car as that volvo c whatever htat was posted a while back too? that seems like a nice car.. mazda really brought out the big guns going from 170hp mazdaspeed protege to 263hp mazdaspeed3
I think Mazda had to feild a lot of shiite tossed at them for having a boosted car that was only the same amount of HP as the NA SVT...they learned their lesson and as others mentioned, pulled out all the stops...
have anybody test drove mazda speed? any good?
The Mazdaspeed 3 is not yet at the dealerships...a couple of more weeks. I test drove the Mazdaspeed 6 a couple of months ago and that thing moves...

The reason they didn't put AWD in the Mazdaspeed 3 is one because of cost and two it would be quicker than the Mazdaspeed 6.

And for just under $31k, you get a lot of car for the money...

Vito :)
i dont like how limited the ms3 is and how its only available in red.

nice little powerhouse though.

2.3 little turbo in a foci.... hmmmm
OVERSTEER....... ;)

well see what tires they put on this
Pages: 1 2