FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Pain
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been getting a boatload of dental work done lately, as those who met me know my teeth aren't the greatest. All was going exceptionally well until yesterday when the Doc asks if I want to have a wisdom tooth out at the same time as some other stuff and one other extraction was done.

I was like, "Sure! I'm here already and completely frozen. Why not!"

Whoops. Yay for T3s with Codeine.

That is all.
been there, done that, did not want to buy the t-shirt! :)

It'll hurt now but you'll have a cute little smile when it's al said and done :P
NOS2Go4Me,Aug 31 2006, 11:19 AM Wrote:I've been getting a boatload of dental work done lately, as those who met me know my teeth aren't the greatest. All was going exceptionally well until yesterday when the Doc asks if I want to have a wisdom tooth out at the same time as some other stuff and one other extraction was done.

I was like, "Sure! I'm here already and completely frozen. Why not!"

Whoops. Yay for T3s with Codeine.

That is all.
[right][snapback]204927[/snapback][/right]

Take it from someone who chose not to have his wisdom teeth taken out ... you should be glad the doc suggested it ... because wisdom teeth in a mouth not big enough for them = big problems throughout your adult life. Short term pain for long term gain is the way to go.

Just don't begin to like that Codeine too much.
I oughta be ok as far as that stuff goes, but thanks for the reminder :)
Hey nos, if you dont mind me asking how much was it for the wisdom tooth extraction?
scoobasteve,Aug 31 2006, 11:51 AM Wrote:Hey nos,  if you dont mind me asking how much was it for the wisdom tooth extraction?
[right][snapback]204935[/snapback][/right]

I didn't see the price sheet, Scooba. I'll have to wait till the confirmation letter from our insurance company shows.

We're cross-covered between my wife and I so I don't pay anything at the office.
NOS2Go4Me,Aug 31 2006, 11:53 AM Wrote:
scoobasteve,Aug 31 2006, 11:51 AM Wrote:Hey nos,  if you dont mind me asking how much was it for the wisdom tooth extraction?
[right][snapback]204935[/snapback][/right]

I didn't see the price sheet, Scooba. I'll have to wait till the confirmation letter from our insurance company shows.

We're cross-covered between my wife and I so I don't pay anything at the office.
[right][snapback]204936[/snapback][/right]

Yeah, i think i'm covered somewhere between 80-100% i just want an idea before i pull the trigger...

So out of 1-10 whats the pain rating?
congrats man... can't beat a fresh smile. Hope it all works out for ya.

I haven't been in a while... afraid to go :S
I've had a 10 before (10 being worst) with a different tooth, and that's just the toothache because that tooth is still there and requires a root canal... this rates a 6-7 for two teeth pulled when the painkillers wear off. I still have at least one more to consider for extraction fairly soon. The rest can wait.
My dentist ripped 2 bottom, and 2 top teeth out when I was younger. Really confuses the dentist as to why Im missing teeth.....but it worked out good cuz my wisdom teeth grew in and straightened out all my other teeth!
Flofocus,Aug 31 2006, 12:07 PM Wrote:My dentist ripped 2 bottom, and 2 top teeth out when I was younger.  Really confuses the dentist as to why Im missing teeth.....but it worked out good cuz my wisdom teeth grew in and straightened out all my other teeth!
[right][snapback]204940[/snapback][/right]
I've seen your mug. It didn't work out that well. :blink:
meford4u,Aug 31 2006, 12:23 PM Wrote:
Flofocus,Aug 31 2006, 12:07 PM Wrote:My dentist ripped 2 bottom, and 2 top teeth out when I was younger.  Really confuses the dentist as to why Im missing teeth.....but it worked out good cuz my wisdom teeth grew in and straightened out all my other teeth!
[right][snapback]204940[/snapback][/right]
I've seen your mug. It didn't work out that well. :blink:
[right][snapback]204944[/snapback][/right]

Dentist dont touch the mug ya goof!

My teeth are straight as an arrow now :D
Dentists are crooks.
I was told a year ago I needed my wisdom teeth out and I never bothered to do it. Now I have them and they came in just fine. I never needed them out they just wanted the cash.
This guy is straight-up the best dentist I've ever met, had, used, whatever.

I had a good twinge of pain yesterday on the non-wisdom extraction. he immediately stopped and added more freezing, waited, then continued. He then apologized profusely about the pain, even tho what he gave me was my usual amount for that type of work.

By that time, I never felt anything when he pulled the wisdom tooth afterwards. The guy has completely restored my faith in dentists.
Mason,Aug 31 2006, 12:57 PM Wrote:Dentists are crooks.
I was told a year ago I needed my wisdom teeth out and I never bothered to do it. Now I have them and they came in just fine. I never needed them out they just wanted the cash.
[right][snapback]204962[/snapback][/right]

uhh, you may want ot rethink that. Talk to ZTW squared from the sounds of it...

Just because there fine now, doesnt mean they wont cause pain when your older.
i'm such a wuss for pain, so happy i don't have wisdom teeth.
I had my wisdom teeth out a few years ago. Mine came out real nice, no pain, no swelling. Went and played a double header baseball game the next morning.