FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Detroit Execs See End Of Cheap Gas Era
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Detroit Execs See End of Cheap Gas Era
The Daily Auto Insider
Wednesday, August 30, 2006
August 2006

Gasoline prices will remain at $3 to $4 a gallon for the rest of this decade, says Thomas W. LaSorda, Chrysler's chief executive, according to a story in the New York Times.

George Pipas, Ford's chief sales analyst, agreed that high gas prices were not a temporary phenomenon, although he didn't give a number.

Asked about gasoline prices, Ford's Pipas said, "We don't see the price of gasoline returning to the levels that we all enjoyed in the 90's and the early part of this decade...[.] The days of inexpensive gasoline are gone."

These comments are recognition that the two automakers may have to fundamentally change their product mix, the Times said.

We the customers knew this a long time ago, why didn't they know this was coming and plan ahead with more friendly cars on gas. it's like How many new SUV's are coming on the market now ?
ah sh!t who knew this was coming

Oh well All I can say is "PAy to play"
DD1,Aug 30 2006, 07:22 PM Wrote:ah sh!t who knew this was coming

Oh well All I can say is "PAy to play"
[right][snapback]204838[/snapback][/right]

Bingo!
I find the timing of this statement a little odd as on the way home today I saw gas for 76.9 cents a litre. The lowest I have seen in a few months. :blink:
Man... we are 88 here in Ottawa, I want 76.9 so I can start to stock pile it! LOL!!
Aaron paid 78Cents tonite...........

For premium.
meford4u,Aug 30 2006, 11:03 PM Wrote:Aaron paid 78Cents tonite...........

For premium.
[right][snapback]204878[/snapback][/right]

WHAT!?!
Our gas is still in the high 80's (I thought we were lucky)..

And how are auto manufacturers just realizing gas is not going down.. When does the price of anything ever go down?!!
STILL above a $1 in MB :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
We filled last night for 94.8/L in North Bay. I heard from my parents it was in the 80s in Toronto.
1.18/l for 94 octane in BC still
78.9 for 91oct this morning for me
86.9 at the Esso at Dufferin and Eglinton this morning.

Laterz :)