FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: The Justys Replacement
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
1988 BMW 325IX, yup, AWD, wouldnt have the winter ride any other way. I was also looking at some Subies and Audi's but when I found this one, it was 5K under what I really wanted to spend, brand new clutch, new brakes on 4 corners, new shocks on 4 corners, timing belt dsone at 200K, water pump done at 200K, new gas tank, and new fuel pump. Fully loaded for a 88, heated seats, recaro style leather interior (not sure if its the recaro package or not), power sunroof, power everything really...Borla cat back, but I hate the tail pipe. :P

Original owner from 88 :D Krowned every year for the past 5, no rust on this thing. Shown with the hubcaps but comes with the orginal BBS wheels, but no tires.

[Image: DSC01646.jpg]

[Image: DSC01649.jpg]

[Image: DSC01653.jpg]

[Image: DSC01655.jpg]

[Image: DSC01656.jpg]

[Image: DSC01657.jpg]

[Image: DSC01658.jpg]

[Image: DSC01661.jpg]

[Image: DSC01665.jpg]

[Image: DSC01667.jpg]
thats a nice buy! especially its it's 5k less than you wanted to spend, they have some nice potential too! :)
Its staying stock.
Please don't drive like someone who owns a BMW.
Flofocus,Aug 29 2006, 12:28 PM Wrote:Its staying stock.
[right][snapback]204573[/snapback][/right]
.. or you could leave it stock :unsure:
Nice buy nate!

Has all the service been done recently.... Dif, etc.?
scoobasteve,Aug 29 2006, 12:35 PM Wrote:Nice buy nate!

Has all the service been done recently.... Dif, etc.?
[right][snapback]204578[/snapback][/right]

EVERYTHING has been done up to date. Its truly incredilble the shape its in. Side by side, this would make my fathers bimmer look tired and old.

It was funny actually when the guy wasn't taking the offers I was laying on the table...I was talking to my father telling him how he would only go 1K lower on his price and was wondering what he thought...

"well, if you dont go through with it, let me know, cuz I'll buy it"

I called him back and said we have a deal. :lol:
My boss had that exact year and model BMW. He used to let me drive it every once in a while. It had a very smooth engine and slick transmission. It has a pretty much useless fuel efficiency guage on the bottom side of the tach. It would swing back and forth as you pressed the gas pedal. :lol:

I remember, however that it was very expensive to maintain as well.
dBlast,Aug 29 2006, 12:43 PM Wrote:My boss had that exact year and model BMW.  He used to let me drive it every once in a while.  It had a very smooth engine and slick transmission.  I remember, however that it was very expensive to maintain as well.
[right][snapback]204580[/snapback][/right]

It is when your getting the service done at BMW, which this car has been going to since 88. He was showing me all the receipts and stuff and I couldnt beleive what they charge for some stuff. Glad all the major stuff was recently done, cuz I wouldnt have bought it if it didnt. Most BMW's ive been in have that useless fuel guage thing.

Needs an ebrake cable for safety, $40 for that, He was telling me BMW was charging $350 for install. :o Fawk dat, I'll do it myself.
dang!
nice Bimmer man.....i'd even drive it as my daily car!
+ for AWD
NICE! B)
I love Bimmers. Nice find Nate :)

Those I-6s.. man, I love those motors.
Another funny thing...when I came back from the test drive he said "Its pretty fast heh"

:lol:

No, was my answer, "I drive a turbo focus that would do circles, then triangles around this thing"

He looked at me pretty god damn funny.
ANTHONYD,Aug 29 2006, 11:32 AM Wrote:Please don't drive like someone who owns a BMW.
[right][snapback]204575[/snapback][/right]
anyone else notice that mostly all BMW drivers drive like tards? :lol:

Once one passed me in my own lane on the QEW, and i hate BMW drivers so much casue there always doing somethign stupid so i got pissed off and sped up to 170 to cut the guy of and give him the finger and then took the offramp :lol: . Serves the jackass right, i was so pissed lol. :lol:
crazikev,Aug 29 2006, 03:13 PM Wrote:
ANTHONYD,Aug 29 2006, 11:32 AM Wrote:Please don't drive like someone who owns a BMW.
[right][snapback]204575[/snapback][/right]
anyone else notice that mostly all BMW drivers drive like tards? :lol:

Once one passed me in my own lane on the QEW, and i hate BMW drivers so much casue there always doing somethign stupid so i got pissed off and sped up to 170 to cut the guy of and give him the finger and then took the offramp :lol: . Serves the jackass right, i was so pissed lol. :lol:
[right][snapback]204611[/snapback][/right]

Well...Im not sure what to answer to that....I mean, I now own a BMW, so I will drive it, but how do I drive it like I dont own it? :blink: :ph34r: :P
Nice find. I noticed it in your sig yesterday and wondered why there was no mention of it on the board.

Oh yeah, glad your ditching that muffler! What would have possed the original owner to slap that on there? :unsure:
SVT ZX3,Aug 29 2006, 03:24 PM Wrote:What would have possed the original owner to slap that on there? :unsure:
[right][snapback]204613[/snapback][/right]

The $1600 price tag BMW wanted for the original.

Im not going ot replace it, it works, and thats all I care about.
so were there any other ix's around when you were looking... cheap? possibly needing a new motor.

I just priced out snow's for the 300c :( it may be worth getting a beater for this winter
scoobasteve,Aug 29 2006, 03:36 PM Wrote:so were there any other ix's around when you were looking... cheap? possibly needing a new motor.

I just priced out snow's for the 300c :( it may be worth getting a beater for this winter
[right][snapback]204615[/snapback][/right]

Cheap....no. All of the IX's I was looking at were between $6500-$10G's. :blink: Thats exphensive for a 15 + year old car.

I did find a few subies that were in Ok shape, but turned me off as they either needed lots of safety work (windsheild, brakes, tires) or they were just asking to much and wouldnt budge on thier asking price. Audi's.....same story, even harder to lo ball on those A4's.
dammit.. lol.

I can't even justify a winter car to myself.

However i saw a talon TSI on trader i want badly.... 1994, 162k. - 1900 OBO...

needs engine though. (ad. says needs valve job) I'd imagine the turbo would be on its way out too.

I'd love that as a beater

Edit/ if youre ever looking for used parts for the car i'm sure my buddy could help you out.

In the last 5 years he's had 7 e30's (still has 1 (show car))
Pages: 1 2