FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Twin Pipes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
K, i have a question.

i have an MBRP exhaust as you all know. now my question is...does anyone have twin exhausts?

if so, how did you do it? do you have any pics of the install..or the finished product? was it a difficult mod?

other than a cosmetic change does it do anything peformance wise or is it just louder? I'm just playiing with options right now....

thanks in advance
You've only got a 4 cylinder. Don't bother, there's nothing to be gained from doing it.
Remember.

We make fun of 4-cylinder engines with multiple tips ;)
bah, dont listen to these guys. I think dual exhaust on the focus looks really good, I especially like the dual tip, centre exhaust.

I say Do it! be different. No, you will not gain anything performance wise, this is a cosmetic mod only.
I don't mind it on the Focus if you have the HP to back it up.
Couple of threads about this on FF, basically its a completely custom job. I don't think anyone out there sells a kit for this. And for the record I've only seen one Focus with duals that I thought looked good. Using the SVT bumper with a couple of really nice rolled tips.
I tried to find the Ebay Auction last night, but someone did sell a dual exhaust kit for the focus! I'll keep looking, but I think a custom job might be your best bet! There is one focus here in Gatineau that has the dual exhaust and all they did was just weld on the second piece and run it to the other side. It is non functional, but it doesn't look bad!
IIRC "mysterygirl" and "ThraxXx" both have dual exhaust pipes out back. I believe they were both custom jobs.
It's always a custom job for the Focus...no complete-kit manufacturer that I've ever seen makes one. It's purely cosmetic and it's decidedly not for me. ThraxXx has one on his car (which I haven't seen for ages) and it's not garish but it just looks... out of place.

Nate's idea of a Boxster-ish center-exit exhaust could be cool.
The center exit exhaust can be found on the saleen focus !! Can not remember which dealer here in Ottawa was selling it though!