FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Urgent Help Needed!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As my other post, the car that i was suppose to buy has lein issues, so then i called the guy who bought my CRV trying to cancel the deal and he freaked out. He says he is going to take me to court. What can i do???

I sold the CRV and took $500 deposit, i gave him a paper for his deposit. He did not sign any official government paper. He just signed the deposit paper.

Deposit paper says, I will sell a 2002 Honda with serial number XXXXXXXXXwith 120kms to seller for the amount of $xxxxx. Deposit of $500 will be taken for the above mentioned vehicle.

I've got seller's signiture,
buyers signiture and date,

also says car will be ready on wednesday monring, does not say what month or year.

so he is telling me that he is taken me to court and he wants me to pay the difference on a more expensive car when he buys. I told him i could sell him the car when my other car is ready. I told him i have to wait for it to clear the lien issues, but he just says thats my problem.

What should i do? THis is so f***ed up!
He really has nothing to hold against to. As long as you give him his money back and the month and year is not there then you should just laugh in his face and say heythis is a delay in the deal. Every dealership does it to everyone and if you still want the car then just wait. If not, here you're money and fawk off or you'll be forced to call the cops.
:D :D :D :P :D :D :D
well first off he dose not have legal grounds to sue you unless you don't give him his deposit back. there is no date writen down and you are in the clear IMO on this one
Frost__2001,Sep 29 2009, 09:43 AM Wrote:well first off he dose not have legal grounds to sue you unless you don't give him his deposit back. there is no date writen down and you are in the clear IMO on this one
[right][snapback]295060[/snapback][/right]

^^^ absolutely ...

I know you feel bad about doing this Mo, but it's not like you're doing it to be a prick.

Just make sure that you give the deposit back in such a way as to create a record that he received it ... if he gave you cash, then I suggest a certified cheque - and registered mail or a witness if you give it to him by hand. Whatever you do, don't leave open the opportunity for him to claim you never gave him back the deposit.
I can't comment on this case directly (damn Law Society of Upper Canada rules) except to say that you should definately be speaking to a civil litigation lawyer at this point just to be safe, because it may not be as clear cut as it appears that this is a "no harm, no foul" case.

NefCanuck

f*** it, not gona take a chance. Just going to sell the car to him. Ohh well I f***ed up. I have to pay for it.

Thanks for all the help guys.

Sounds like the guy you were selling to is a bit of a prick himself.
mo_focus,Sep 29 2009, 11:57 AM Wrote:f*** it, not gona take a chance. Just going to sell the car to him. Ohh well I f***ed up. I have to pay for it.

Thanks for all the help guys.
[right][snapback]295070[/snapback][/right]

Here's an idea ... go to the bank first and take out a loan using the CRV for collateral - then gently tell the new owner that, BTW, the car isn't lien free. See how anxious he is then to complete the deal.
Your still getting the money you wanted for it in the first place, aren't you?
So, your just not going to get the car you were supposed to... no t his fault.
You'll have to take public transportation or whatever until you find another car.
Maybe this was a sign that you should not be buying "that" car!
thanks for all the replies guys. Yeah decided to just sell the car to him. I got more then i wanted for the car so all is well.

My dad just gave me a car with temp plates, so i guess i have lot of time to find thing good.

1- ZX5 02-04
2- Jetta TDI 06

I really like the idea of Jetta bc of fuel economy, but ZX5 is 1/2 price.
I like the Matrix/Vibe's. MPG is better, and its Canadian Made. Can't beat that. Maybe its not your style tho...

If its from the above i'd say ZX5, by the time you save the extra money on the Jetta from the gas use you'll be into another car (based on your sig... )
hardk0re,Sep 30 2009, 12:42 AM Wrote:I like the Matrix/Vibe's.  MPG is better, and its Canadian Made.  Can't beat that.  Maybe its not your style tho...

If its from the above i'd say ZX5,  by the time you save the extra money on the Jetta from the gas use you'll be into another car (based on your sig... )
[right][snapback]295101[/snapback][/right]

very true! :)

fidning a cheap ZX5 is hard since i don't want to spend lot of money.
hardk0re,Sep 29 2009, 07:42 PM Wrote:I like the Matrix/Vibe's.  MPG is better, and its Canadian Made.  Can't beat that. 

I thought those things were assembled in California.
Late to the party, in your situation, I would have sold the car, and like you gotten a loaner from the lot. Who knows, maybe the guy who bought it, sold his car too, and would have been taking public transit also. You got more then you wanted for the CRV, sounds like you got $ back for the Maxima.
And your not totally stranded without a vehicle.
I'd say your coming out ahead in the situation.

I go Vibe over Matrix, it's splitting hairs but that's just how I feel.