FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Police Hope Deadly Crash Video Acts As Deterrent
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Toronto police on Friday offered a rare look at street racing from the driver's point of view -- a harrowing incident caught on tape that ultimately ended in two people dead.

http://news.sympatico.msn.ctv.ca/TopStorie...showbyline=True
I'll have to watch it when I get home.. Stupid, stupid people...
jen_deans,Aug 28 2006, 09:30 AM Wrote:I'll have to watch it when I get home.. Stupid, stupid people...
[right][snapback]204304[/snapback][/right]

Wowe. They were really moving. What was the top speed 185......
"At one point, the speedometer of Werkmann's Honda R.C. 51 shows an astonishing 248 kilometres an hour -- 148 kilometres over the speed limit."

that is insane!!!
Mason,Aug 28 2006, 09:45 AM Wrote:Wowe. They were really moving. What was the top speed 185......
[right][snapback]204308[/snapback][/right]
240 --

185 was only the speed he hit the windshield at.....

I feel less for the rider...he was a victim of the Darwin-Murphy Effect.

I feel for the innocent people in the car he hit...
Jebus... I'll have to wait until I'm home to see the video, but my father in law was talking about this last night, saw it on TV.

Not sure if this will help at all though, or Darwin himself will have to step up to the plate to get this garbage curbed. I just don't understand why people need to do this.

Also heard about this yesterday:
http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentSe...d=1156542610716
Boneheads.

Absolute idiots.
Stupid people like this are the Reason I can afford to insure a focus... And not a motorbike.
Mason,Aug 28 2006, 12:50 PM Wrote:Stupid people like this are the Reason I can afford to insure a focus... And not a motorbike.
[right][snapback]204332[/snapback][/right]

How on earth can you NOT afford to insure a Focus?

Theres still snow on the ground to. :huh: :blink:
ANTHONYD,Aug 28 2006, 01:32 PM Wrote:
Mason,Aug 28 2006, 12:50 PM Wrote:Stupid people like this are the Reason I can afford to insure a focus... And not a motorbike.

[right][snapback]204349[/snapback][/right]
The insurance on a ZX5 was more than the insurance on my Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS.
He wasn't even a Canadian citizen, and they didn't even say if he was properly licensed.

What a tool. And more jerkoffs like him arrive daily. Canada - land of the free, home of the swiss cheese immigration policy.
Aka,Aug 28 2006, 01:18 PM Wrote:
ANTHONYD,Aug 28 2006, 01:32 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]204349[/snapback][/right]
The insurance on a ZX5 was more than the insurance on my Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS.
[right][snapback]204360[/snapback][/right]

yea my insuarence on my focus is waaay higher then on ford taurus......
NOS2Go4Me,Aug 28 2006, 02:21 PM Wrote:He wasn't even a Canadian citizen, and they didn't even say if he was properly licensed.

What a tool. And more jerkoffs like him arrive daily. Canada - land of the free, home of the swiss cheese immigration policy.
[right][snapback]204362[/snapback][/right]

you must be american...

it's not an issue of immigration... stupid people are born in canada every day.. they don't just come on boats.

And he must have been properly licensed if he's being charged with an offence that applies to G2 licenses...
NOS2Go4Me,Aug 28 2006, 01:21 PM Wrote:He wasn't even a Canadian citizen, and they didn't even say if he was properly licensed.

lol that was pretty racial
The insurance on my Focus is higher than my Taurus and Windstar (was) combined.

Damned immigrant tuners......

:unsure:
*sniffles* :unsure:
darkpuppet,Aug 28 2006, 02:31 PM Wrote:
NOS2Go4Me,Aug 28 2006, 02:21 PM Wrote:He wasn't even a Canadian citizen, and they didn't even say if he was properly licensed.

you must be american...

it's not an issue of immigration... stupid people are born in canada every day.. they don't just come on boats.

And he must have been properly licensed if he's being charged with an offence that applies to G2 licenses...
[right][snapback]204366[/snapback][/right]

And for every stupid Canadian that pulls that stunt, there are more that weren't born here. It's simple numbers. We allow more folk to emigrate to Canada than we should, and that's the bottom line.

I'm not in charge of immigration, I'm not writing policy. And I re-iterate... was he licensed properly? We don't know, and likely never will. It's an actual question outside of my original beef (too much immigration to this country).

And it's not racial. Racial would be saying that all guys from his country are morons and can't ride motor bikes. I was questioning the legality of his motorbike ride as they quite audibly declared in that segment that he WASN'T a Canadian citizen. If anyone's putting a racial light on it, it's the guys that produced the segment. I merely asked the question that no-one wanted me to ask. Too bad.

And there's nothing wrong with questioning the legitimacy of folks arriving in this country and whether they're staying here legally or not. Remember the numbers on what it costs us to pay for a prison inmate to "live" for a day? It's more for an immigrant that is of no use to the country. As taxpayers, we're entitled to question what we pay for out of our paycheques every 2 weeks / month / what have you.

Plenty of folks arrive here daily and make great contributions to our society. Plenty more than the honest, hard-working folks come here claiming political persecution and then they ship back a large chunk of OUR tax dollars to their families and causes in their home countries.
Adam, this isn't an issue about immigration, this is an issue about stupidity.

Don't fall into the trap.

And no, there is no smiley faces.
^^ I'm glad we had an intelligent conversation. Perhaps others will join us next time. Perhaps they'll even bring donuts. Or those blueberry muffins from Tim Horton's I like so much :)

^^ Smiley face for the object-challenged.
Pages: 1 2