FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Wtb, Valve Cover
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Need to purchase a Valve Cover, doesn't have to be stock, to fit a Zetec.
I have a stock one for free, its yours!

Its packed right now but you can pick it up anytime next week.
hardk0re,Sep 29 2009, 08:26 AM Wrote:I have a stock one for free, its yours!

Its packed right now but you can pick it up anytime next week.
[right][snapback]295049[/snapback][/right]
Sold! I'll PM you to arrange the day of "purchase"
And Thanks!
What else are you wanting to empty out? I have two now to refurbish........... :D
Hey oldeguy, since you're parts scavenging :P

I have a stock suspension from my '05 sedan that you can have if you need it (It was the SES model so has the rear swaybar, 52K on it at the time of swapout)

I also have the stock exhaust from the cat back if you want it about 30K before it got removed.

Lemme know.

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Sep 29 2009, 12:23 PM Wrote:Hey oldeguy, since you're parts scavenging :P

I have a stock suspension from my '05 sedan that you can have if you need it (It was the SES model so has the rear swaybar, 52K on it at the time of swapout)

I also have the stock exhaust from the cat back if you want it about 30K before it got removed.

Lemme know.

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]295071[/snapback][/right]
Will this stuff fit an 00?
oldeguy,Sep 30 2009, 08:50 AM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Sep 29 2009, 12:23 PM Wrote:Hey oldeguy, since you're parts scavenging :P

Lemme know.

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]295113[/snapback][/right]

The rear for sure will not ... AFAIK if you replace both the strut and spring at the same time, an 05+ front suspension should work on 00-04 - but I can't confirm that by actual experience.

I have a full wagon suspension with 20k on it from my '07 wagon - as well as a Duratec wagon exhaust also with about 20k on it ... let me know if you're interested - I'll cut you a great deal for the lot.
ZTWsquared,Sep 30 2009, 09:14 AM Wrote:

Lemme know.

NefCanuck

The rear for sure will not ... AFAIK if you replace both the strut and spring at the same time, an 05+ front suspension should work on 00-04 - but I can't confirm that by actual experience.

I have a full wagon suspension with 20k on it from my '07 wagon - as well as a Duratec wagon exhaust also with about 20k on it ... let me know if you're interested - I'll cut you a great deal for the lot.
[right][snapback]295117[/snapback][/right]
Both Focus's are 00-04 Same question, will the suspension fit a 00-04?
oldeguy,Sep 30 2009, 09:23 AM Wrote:
ZTWsquared,Sep 30 2009, 09:14 AM Wrote:

Lemme know.

NefCanuck

[right][snapback]295117[/snapback][/right]
Both Focus's are 00-04 Same question, will the suspension fit a 00-04?
[right][snapback]295120[/snapback][/right]
Maybe I'm not understanding the situation - thought I answered the question in my previous post ... anyway ... a sedan rear suspension (regardless of year) will NOT fit a wagon. So the rear suspension from Nefcanuck's 05 sedan will not be suitable for you.

The front suspension of an 05+ is spec'd differently than 00-04 - but AFAIK the only difference is the bottom of the spring and the corresponding spring mounting seat on the strut ... and if I'm right about that, then if you replace both spring and strut together, I believe the 05+ suspension WILL fit the 00-04. Accordingly, I believe that my 07 wagon suspension should be suitable for any wagon, on the condition that the front strut and springs are used together.

And as an aside you should also know that the wagon strut is stiffer than the sedan strut.
So IOW - for your sedan my stuff should work and for the wagon ZTW's stuff should work (since you mentioned in your first post that you were refurbishing two cars, I assumed you meant your sedan as well)

NefCanuck
To clarify things. i have two Focus's a sedan and a wagon, both 00-04. Although presently not looking at refurbishing either, but looking at all of my options regarding replacement parts and costs. I'm refurbishing my garage, getting rid of 13 years of junk, and may have space for spare parts.