FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Canon To Release New 'cleaner' Digital Slr
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:The Rebel XTi shoots at the same three frames per second as the Rebel XT, but it will buffer almost double the number of pictures. With a fast Compact Flash card, the Rebel XTi will hold 27 full-resolution JPEG and 10 RAW images. The new XTi has the same 1.6x lens multiplier ratio as the previous Rebels because the 10.1 megapixels are crammed into the same sized CMOS sensor.

Photographers hate dust and resort to brushes, blowers and wipes to get rid of dust specks on their lenses and sensors. Canon makes this dust cleaning easy by adding an ultrasonic vibrating unit in front of the CMOS sensor to shake dust off. An adhesive inside the camera captures the dust to keep it from floating around. In addition, a low pass filter has been added that includes an anti-static charge to repel dust. If these two mechanical methods don't solve the dust problem, Canon has added a software function that remembers where the dust specks are and then subtracts them with an "apply dust delete data" function.

The Rebel XTi has a 2.5" 230,000 pixel LCD monitor that is much larger than the 1.8-inch monitor on the Rebel XT. Canon claims the monitor is 40% brighter than its top of the line EOS-1D Mark II and EOS 5D cameras. The monitor turns off automatically when the camera is raised up to eye level. Users have an option to turn off the monitor completely.

The Rebel XTi should be available in mid-September for about $900 with the EF-S 18-55 mm lens or about $800 for just the body. Like previous Rebel and Rebel XT models, the XTi will be sold in both brushed silver and matte black finishes.
I am;
- Desiring It
- Too Poor to Afford It
Frost__2001,Aug 25 2006, 10:52 AM Wrote:I am;
- Desiring It
- Too Poor to Afford It
[right][snapback]204073[/snapback][/right]
Oops, that was supposed to have been under this username...
I wish my camera had that. I keep having the clean the sensor because I get these stupid spots in my pictures.

This one you can see a lot of crud on the sensor. It's a photoshopped to hell picture, but see all the marks everywhere? They can be seen in the sky, along the middle of the picture, and more faint higher up. There was a lot of crud on it then.
^^ Want a D50 in a few months? Gently used ;)

In Fine mode, 6MP, I can burst up to 137 frames before the buffer clogs... I'm not sure why this is such an issue for Canon.
lets see how many pictures I can get before the buffer clogs on my D100...

3 pictures on RAW
6 on JPG Fine L (before it starts to slows down to about 1.2 pictures per second)
Same with JPG Basic L
10 on JPG Fine S (before it slows down).

Slow camera I guess. It'll go forever though until the card is full, just at the slower speed.
NOS2Go4Me,Aug 25 2006, 11:08 AM Wrote:^^ Want a D50 in a few months? Gently used ;)

In Fine mode, 6MP, I can burst up to 137 frames before the buffer clogs... I'm not sure why this is such an issue for Canon.
[right][snapback]204079[/snapback][/right]

you're not going to get 137 RAW images, that's for sure... a lot of the 'buffering' really depends on the speed of your memory card vs the speed of the burst mode.

If you could write to your memory card faster than the camera can take pictures, you could theoretically continuall shoot in 'burst' mode.

And since the canon actually takes faster pictures than the nikkon, it's buffer will run out faster, meaning less total pictures stored in buffer.

So what would you rather have? Faster burst mode, or more pictures in the buffer? I'd think people would rather have faster burst mode.

Canon can take 3 pics/second.. what's so hard for the nikon to do it? :rolleyes:
My Nikon can take 3.08 pictures a second in RAW. Given the proper settings like a really fast shutter speed. But then the buffer is full.

ps: I'm posting from a train... isn't that totally awesome?s
I'll stick to my 20D for now....
Aka,Aug 25 2006, 07:27 PM Wrote:My Nikon can take 3.08 pictures a second in RAW. Given the proper settings like a really fast shutter speed. But then the buffer is full.

ps: I'm posting from a train... isn't that totally awesome?s
[right][snapback]204143[/snapback][/right]

depending on the speed of the flash memory you're using now, you could upgrade to faster memory and maybe get more pics before the buffer clogs....