FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Ford Hater
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As some of you know, I live in Durham Region, home of "the General" ( motors ).
That's why I bought an old 96 Regal years ago so the mechanics would know how to fix it. Needless to say, I took my Focus into get fixed, and do some needed work, to someone who has done work for me before. Anyhow, the mechanic was discussing with his Office Administrator about my beloved Focus, and repeated to me that he hates driving a Ford, but, was very surprised at how well the Focus drove, and especiallly how well it drove, being a 9 year old car.
lol my mech is that same way. Loves his GM's and yet he can't resist taking my lil Fofo out for a run to do a "road test". :D :D
I hate the way the current GM line up handles. They all feel like you are floating down the road on a water bed. And they have for years. You can't feel any feedback from the road. My mother in law's G6 GT was horrible.
:angry:
Focus man, Focus.,Sep 29 2009, 09:30 AM Wrote:I hate the way the current GM line up handles.  They all feel like you are floating down the road on a water bed.  And they have for years.  You can't feel any feedback from the road.  My mother in law's G6 GT was horrible.
[right][snapback]295056[/snapback][/right]
I rented a Cobalt while mine was being worked on.................I have never been so happy to get back into a nine year old car than I was yesterday. GM crap........... :angry:
Scorcher000,Sep 29 2009, 08:21 AM Wrote:lol my mech is that same way. Loves his GM's and yet he can't resist taking my lil Fofo out for a run to do a "road test". :D  :D
[right][snapback]295048[/snapback][/right]

So does my mech. But he hasn't touched mine since just before I went boost. Now he's pissed. :lol:
oldeguy,Sep 29 2009, 09:47 AM Wrote:I rented a Cobalt while mine was being worked on.................I have never been so happy to get back into a nine year old car than I was yesterday.  GM crap........... :angry:
[right][snapback]295062[/snapback][/right]

GMs entry level cars (most of them anyways) could benefit from a little refinement.

I ended up with my Focus for a daily driver because I was NOT impressed with the issues that certain GMs were having. Electrical, Wheel bearings, head gaskets, intake gaskets...

My previous daily driver was a 93 Cavalier RS with the 3.1L Auto. That engine (the multi port 3.1, not the 3100SFI) and trans combo took the abuse, never skipped a beat and was dead nuts reliable. But everything else around it fell apart (Rust killed it).

I am quite happy with my Focus though.