FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: "pimp My Lada"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
damn long time ago lol.....
whaaat...my dad used to have the same one but a station wagon....those cars go forever no joke
That's Awesome...! ;)
^^ anything will last forever if it only produces 35 hp. My Toaster has more hp than that.
NikiterZTS,Aug 24 2006, 05:25 PM Wrote:whaaat...my dad used to have the same one but a station wagon....those cars go forever no joke
[right][snapback]203985[/snapback][/right]

Not when they're exposed to Ontario road salt they don't. I remember a friend of my dad's bought a Lada from brand new (I think it was '86 or so) one winter later and the entire front bumper was corroded away from the inside :blink:

NefCanuck
I can't remember if it was a Lada or something else, but I remember waaaaay back when, I went to the Toronto Autoshow, and some rather large man, sat into this tiny car, and he leaned back a bit to adjust himself in the seat..... and.... the seat broke... and he fell back sooo fast. It was hilarious. Could have been a Hyundai or something... I was 6 or 8... so this was 1990 or 1992... I just remember it looked similar to that car in the video, but was a hatchback.
I dont care...me want.
Aka,Aug 24 2006, 06:09 PM Wrote:^^ anything will last forever if it only produces 35 hp. My Toaster has more hp than that.
[right][snapback]204003[/snapback][/right]

well Lada has 70hp but yea close
here's what we had for a family station wagon
[Image: 2104.jpg]

my mom had a 2 cylinder Oka down there...looks somethin like a Ford Fiesta....man that car was awesome on gas duuuh......well that car's hp was 40
[Image: oka.jpg]
it was pretty fast for its kind

and here's what my dad got from his dad
1969 "Volga 21"
4 cylinder 75hp beast lol
3 manual gears in that tank
[Image: volga-gaz-21-1964.jpg]
NefCanuck,Aug 24 2006, 07:07 PM Wrote:
NikiterZTS,Aug 24 2006, 05:25 PM Wrote:whaaat...my dad used to have the same one but a station wagon....those cars go forever no joke
[right][snapback]203985[/snapback][/right]

Not when they're exposed to Ontario road salt they don't. I remember a friend of my dad's bought a Lada from brand new (I think it was '86 or so) one winter later and the entire front bumper was corroded away from the inside :blink:

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]204011[/snapback][/right]

you see in Russian they don't put solt on the roads they use send.........cars down there never seen solt on the roads....
they had Lada dealership in Guelph and i think it lasted not ever a year.....those cars do break down.....but alot of people down there still drive them for like 20 or 25 years straight..winter-summer doesn't matter.....we gave away out station wagon to my grandpa and the cars year that it was made is '84 i believe.....i mean its pretty old but still runs good.....you just have to maintain Lada's just like any other car....still crappy though, but these are the cars that most people drive down there....

p.s another site with those funny cars http://www.zsiguli.hu/vtun/vtun.html
The Lada was basically a Fiat 124 with little changes.
[Image: 124.jpg]

This was another little gem FIAT Cinquecento:
[Image: HBCIA6Fay8G_Pxgen_r_395xA.jpg]

My dad drove a Fiat Cinquecento. It had an air-cooled two cylinder 500cc engine. It fit the whole family :lol: Then again, my brothers and I were under 7 years old at the time.
^^^i remember those FIAT Cinquecento...people made mad jokes about those cars
Canada had Lada selling here from 1978 - 1992 the last gen Lada sold in Canada was the Samauri's the 3 and 5 door hatchs, and their little 3 door mini SUV thing. Only reason why they stopped selling them here in 1992 was because Lada Refused to updated the cars to tougher emmisions tests and the requirement and introduction of Driver's Side Air Bags in all cars sold in Canada for the 1993 models.
^^ weren't they selling them in Guelph like in 1998?
NikiterZTS,Aug 25 2006, 12:30 PM Wrote:^^ weren't they selling them in Guelph like in 1998?
[right][snapback]204098[/snapback][/right]

yeah, cooksville dodge has a 97 lada samara.... Flo, you should pick it up as a beater. :lol:
huh I guess they kept importing them past 1992... Strange.
scoobasteve,Aug 25 2006, 11:43 AM Wrote:
NikiterZTS,Aug 25 2006, 12:30 PM Wrote:^^ weren't they selling them in Guelph like in 1998?
[right][snapback]204098[/snapback][/right]

yeah, cooksville dodge has a 97 lada samara.... Flo, you should pick it up as a beater. :lol:
[right][snapback]204103[/snapback][/right]

do u know the price on it?
no clue, but apparently it has rust holes the size of softballs.
scoobasteve,Aug 25 2006, 02:09 PM Wrote:no clue, but apparently it has rust holes the size of softballs.
[right][snapback]204134[/snapback][/right]

lol im not suprised