FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Fiberglass Guys... Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys.

Wondering if any of you can help me with a grille for my 300c.

Apparently this company 22 elite. takes the factory grilles and modify's them for the deep dish look.

[Image: mvc-006f.jpg]

Just wondering if anyone here could modify the factory grille to look like one of those.

I believe they take the grille. take out the factory bars. glass it smooth and then insert either a mesh or billet bars behind the factory grille to give it the deep dish look.

I'll buy a spare grille off ebay for the project too. time isnt really a concern. I'd like to have it asap, but anytime before next march - april would be acceptable.

Also, any ideas where i could buy a nice thick chrome mesh for the project would be much appreciated.

Thanks

:D

If I have until next april, PM me.

I have 3 projects on the go right now, so Im swamped for the rest of the summer.
Sweet! I'll pm you a bit later...

I've got a bit of work to take care of first.
any pics of what it'll look like on the car?

I'm concerned it'll end up looking like a cow catcher.

[Image: Gallery8.jpg]
I heart that car. :wub:
Youll need to find me some mesh though....The stuff I have will not fit that big of a hole.
Yup... I know.

I'm gonna start looking. Even if i find something that is just aluminum to start. I'll have it chromed.

Wow that looks sweet.

Obviously these guys charge an arm and a leg for one?
Flofocus,Aug 24 2006, 03:08 PM Wrote:Youll need to find me some mesh though....The stuff I have will not fit that big of a hole.
[right][snapback]203934[/snapback][/right]
Then...............oh fawk...............any answer here is just going to get me banned.
meford4u,Aug 24 2006, 03:10 PM Wrote:
Flofocus,Aug 24 2006, 03:08 PM Wrote:Youll need to find me some mesh though....The stuff I have will not fit that big of a hole.
[right][snapback]203934[/snapback][/right]
Then...............oh fawk...............any answer here is just going to get me banned.
[right][snapback]203938[/snapback][/right]

You just cant stay on topic for 1 thread heh.
Yup... they range from 899-1299....

Apparently they buy brand new chrysler grilles to start..

I think the dealer cost on a grille is like 350 for a stocker.
Jeezuz fing mother of little timmy.

1200 bucks for that?
ANTHONYD,Aug 24 2006, 03:12 PM Wrote:Jeezuz fing mother of little timmy.

1200 bucks for that?
[right][snapback]203944[/snapback][/right]

Til the Ebay knockoffs come calling, I mean I've seen grille inserts for the 05+ Focus on Ebay for $99USD, some of them I like, but I'm really leery of the quality for that price (They claim not drilling required, how the fsck does the insert stay in place? Velcro :P)

NefCanuck

1200 bucks for that?

Lol... i just checked again

999-1500.... USD...

the mopar dub edition is like 600usd.

This car costs too much to mod. That lip kit that's on the car... over 1800usd.
NefCanuck,Aug 24 2006, 03:16 PM Wrote:

1200 bucks for that?

Til the Ebay knockoffs come calling, I mean I've seen grille inserts for the 05+ Focus on Ebay for $99USD, some of them I like, but I'm really leery of the quality for that price (They claim not drilling required, how the fsck does the insert stay in place? Velcro :P)

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]203950[/snapback][/right]

Its sorta sad, My favorite ebay grille is on ebay for pretty cheap.. its like 229.00... but its friggin ABS plastic. My rims are allready plastic chrome, i dont need anymore plastic on my car.
And the funny thing is the fuc kers are made in Brampton too. You'd thik they were Swiss or something.
that grill looks good on that white car.

its the labour of making the grill that makes it cost so much, i'm guessing anyways.
spend your cash on speed part stevie
DD1,Aug 24 2006, 05:35 PM Wrote:spend your cash on speed part stevie
[right][snapback]203989[/snapback][/right]

I already have intake and exhaust. next year i'll get headers and a tuner.

I dont really need anymore power than i allready have. :lol: 400 torque does wonders :P
Modding expensive cars gets expensive really fast. I guess they figure that anyone who wants to mod their fancy Chrysler has the money to blow :P

Those grills do look really nice though.. the car in the picture is really sweet.
Pages: 1 2