FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Ford Reveals Details Of New Super Duty Diesel Pick
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ford Reveals Details of New Super Duty Diesel Pickup
The Daily Auto Insider
Wednesday, August 23, 2006
August 2006

Ford says in a news release that it will introduce the all-new 2008 F-Series Super Duty pickup early next year. The truck's optional 6.4-liter Power Stroke engine will be Ford's cleanest, quietest pickup diesel ever, with particulate emissions equivalent to a gasoline engine, the company claims.

The new Power Stroke diesel engine will displace 6.4-liters, which is an increase in displacement from the current 6.0-liter V-8. It will be the first pickup engine in North America to use a high precision, high pressure, common-rail fuel injection system featuring piezo-electric injectors. These advanced injectors allow ultra precise timing of fuel injection for quietness and better emissions, Ford explained.

The engine has advanced emissions equipment, including a new diesel particulate filter that scrubs black smoke from exhaust gases and periodically cleans itself via advanced engine controls.

Pricing, fuel economy and engine specifications — including power and torque ratings — will be available closer to the vehicle going on sale in early 2007, Ford said.
I think I saw a version of this truck at the Detroit Auto Show....not sure though. She's a monster for sure!
My dad is thinking of trading in his F150 for a new F250 with the new diesel when it comes out. That thing would pull a really decent sized trailer like nothing..
Frost__2001,Aug 23 2006, 01:05 PM Wrote:The engine has advanced emissions equipment, including a new diesel particulate filter that scrubs black smoke from exhaust gases and periodically cleans itself via advanced engine controls.
[right][snapback]203547[/snapback][/right]

Is it just me or does this not sound like a whole heap of heartache waitin' to happen.
Apparantly the exhaust system for trucks utilizing the powerstroke engine right now are about 6000$, berry berry 'spensive if you ask me , then again that's a quote for the exuahust system on an F-550 , which is basically the same truck just a little bit beefier frame and so on, but same cab , same engine and i would assume same exhaust.

Love that powerstroke diesel through , however cummins still has ford beat in the diesel department, but man does that powerstroke pull nicely.
a friend of mine has a 2006 chevy 2500hd with the 6.6L duramax..... B)

650tq out of the box

14.9 in the 1/4 mile!

02_svt_guy,Aug 24 2006, 08:39 AM Wrote:a friend of mine has a 2006 chevy 2500hd with the 6.6L duramax.....  B)

650tq out of the box

14.9 in the 1/4 mile!
[right][snapback]203828[/snapback][/right]

...and probably a pig on gas too.
if i ever got a truck it would be a turbo diesel for sure!! and my SUV choice is the VW touareg with V10 turbo diesel!!
naz,Aug 27 2006, 03:21 PM Wrote:if i ever got a truck it would be a turbo diesel for sure!! and my SUV choice is the VW touareg with V10 turbo diesel!!
[right][snapback]204253[/snapback][/right]
at how much $$$$$$$$$$$

and........is it even available in Canada?
Available as an option, no... but money does anything you want. Only the V6 and V8 are options here as I can see on their website.
the V10 TDIs are available again for 2007, I've seen a couple at the dealer in Vancouver. They are rediculously expensive though I think $90k+

euro_zx5,Aug 27 2006, 04:17 PM Wrote:Available as an option, no... but money does anything you want. Only the V6 and V8 are options here as I can see on their website.
[right][snapback]204272[/snapback][/right]