FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Roomba Vs. Scooba
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey Guys,

Wondering if anyone has tried, or had experience with either of these robots.

I'm getting increasingly lazier and i figured... Hey, why clean when i can have a robot do it for me...

First up is the

Irobot - Roomba Vaccum

http://www.irobot.com/sp.cfm?pageid=122

or

Irobot - Scooba

http://www.irobot.com/sp.cfm?pageid=128

both of these seem pretty cool and can be had pretty cheap on ebay...

So tempting. :lol:
If you can get a line on a good woman, she'll vacuum more than just your floors. And batteries are an optional purchase.

:D (Sorry man, couldn't resist)
OAC_Sparky,Aug 22 2006, 01:28 PM Wrote:If you can get a line on a good woman, she'll vacuum more than just your floors. And batteries are an optional purchase.

[right][snapback]203427[/snapback][/right]

hahah, no worries.

I'm patiently waiting everyone else to chime in with their snappy replies. :lol:
OAC_Sparky,Aug 22 2006, 12:28 PM Wrote:If you can get a line on a good woman, she'll vacuum more than just your floors. And batteries are an optional purchase.

Patiently pretending to bite my tongue here in Ottawa.... come on domestic godesses... lets unite!! :rolleyes:
when i read the title i thought you wanted to fight someone.... :lol:

what other battery operated "machines" you using to take care of "things" that you are too lazy to do yourself??? :ph34r: :P
thats pretty interesting....is that thing always on and running around the house? and it seems that it can't vacume that much since its pretty small in size
I've been really thinking about getting one....Were still using my old vac form the old house...POS. haha

A central vac setup for the new house will run me anywhere between 600-900 bones....these are cheaper and do the work for you, but I cant see it being better than a real vaccum. Id like to hear about it from soembody that has used it for a while...

Quote:....is that thing always on and running around the house?

They have a docking statipon where it will return on its own and charge. You can even set the times when you want it activated. So lets say you go to work in the morning, you can have it activate and do your living room between 9-10, go back to docking station, charge, and at 3pm activate it to do the dining room lets say. Pretty neat.
you get any lazier and you're going to need a bigger car :P

I haven't had experience with either, but built a 'swiffer bot' out of my lego mindstorm... too bad batteries don't last longer.

and that's why I'm getting a bigger car
OAC_Sparky,Aug 22 2006, 01:28 PM Wrote:If you can get a line on a good woman, she'll vacuum more than just your floors. And batteries are an optional purchase.

If you know how to operate her properly, you'll never need batteries. Toys, on the other hand, can be a great customization feature! :lol: :rofl:
Unless yer place has nearly all hardwood flooring or very low pile carpeting and all the furniture is raised high enough for the "SwiffferBot" to get under it, you'll hate the results.

NefCanuck
(Believe me I looked into one of those too, too many drawbacks for the bucks yer spending)
the entire lower floor of my condo is hardwood. Upstairs... less traffic = less problems. I dont mind vaccuming the carpet upstairs.

Once i buy a house in the spring i'm going to rip out all the carpet and go with either floating floor or hardwood. so it should help there too.
Get one of these.

[Image: 1155882952675-Subaroomba.jpg]
thinking of getting one too..!!!!cool...
ZX5chica,Aug 22 2006, 02:13 PM Wrote:
OAC_Sparky,Aug 22 2006, 12:28 PM Wrote:If you can get a line on a good woman, she'll vacuum more than just your floors. And batteries are an optional purchase.

Patiently pretending to bite my tongue here in Ottawa.... come on domestic godesses... lets unite!! :rolleyes:
[right][snapback]203434[/snapback][/right]

Let me respond to Chica first. Cause this is good.

My Dear, I don't think that you have any trouble getting men to do things for you. Buy if you do, I am handy, have communication skills, enough money to keep us comfortable, and Vacuuming skills that are MADDTYTE!.
There I said it.
I clean the house here at home.
And my parents have both of them and love them. They do a decent job and for old farts like my folks it's a great idea.
For a young fart who is slightly overweight like yourself Scooba, I would suggest you get off your fat ass and atleast vacuum every other day.
Either that or hire a cleaning hooker. Two BJ's for one low price :lol: