FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Crack Down?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just wondering if any new "crack-downs" have been implemented..
Last night I was driving with some buddies (2-done up neons, and a WRX).
We were following a cop, he pulled over, waited for the first neon to drive by, then cut back in behind him saying that his side mirrors (shine blue, blink amber) were illegal, gave him a 48 hours to produce.
THEN not even 5 minutes later they pulled over the WRX because his window tint is too dark.

Within 10 minutes to meet up with some other people we saw 3 other not-so-stock vehicles pulled over..

What's going on?!!
3 vehicles tricked out together????

There's your problem.
Laws are Laws.......
If your buddy in the neon has blue lights on his car why is he suprised to get pulled over? If I would a cop I would immediately pull over anyone with blue lights on their car.. give them a ticket for bad taste :P

yea I guess it all makes sense, it just seems like all the cars that were pulled over were not-so-stock <_<
Oh well, what can ya do?
jen_deans,Aug 21 2006, 10:54 AM Wrote:yea I guess it all makes sense, it just seems like all the cars that were pulled over were not-so-stock  <_<
Oh well, what can ya do?
[right][snapback]203184[/snapback][/right]

the thing with alot of "not so stock" cars is that some of the stuff they have on them is "not so legal"

alot of people do stuff to their cars to make them different (ie Lights) but alot of times the colors they chose are reserved for emergency vehicles.
But personally, whenever I did anything to my car I would bring it to police reporting centre to make sure it is legal to avoid headaches, same goes for my buddy in the neon. He was told that as long as they flash amber they are fine.
Welcome to london every night. If I cruse with anyone I know there are allways cops following us.
i say keep it stock with all the lights.....cops love giving tickets for inproper things like that....tints are pretty bad as well....how much was the ticket for the tints anyway?
(God i hate Neons now lol)
unfortunately, you're not supposed to have 'other coloured' lights on your car at all. that includes the LED washer nozzles, undercar lighting, and any corner marker lamp that lights a different colour other than amber.

Tint is a tricky one as well, because tint is not supposed to obscure the driver at night...

I've seen R.I.D.E. programs hand out tickets for tint and improper lighting.. just happens that you ran into a cop that wasn't lazy...
The tint thing in SK is so much simpler. No tint is allowed on the front and front-side windows, no limit for tint on back windows (as long as you have proper mirrors).

And of course they're going to pick on the not stock cars if they feel like ticketting. There are so many careless/ignorant/stupid people who put illegal modifications on their cars that are really easy to ticket for. You have to be aware of what you're allowed to have on your car and not allowed, and be prepared to get a ticket if you still choose to install something illegal.

Oh yeah, and when the cops said it would be fine if they flashed amber, that's true. But it's never legal to have a blue light on your car.. maybe they didn't get what your friend was trying to describe for the operation of the lights in the mirrors.
Ok, so the neon guy went to police reporting centre with highway traffic act, they cop at the counter says they are perfectly legal, as long as they flash amber. He is off with the ticket and says there was no reason he should have been pulled over..
Mason,Aug 21 2006, 11:52 AM Wrote:Welcome to london every night. If I cruse with anyone I know there are allways cops following us.
[right][snapback]203199[/snapback][/right]

Maybe it's because of the noise your car makes? :rolleyes:
jen_deans,Aug 21 2006, 11:44 AM Wrote:But personally, whenever I did anything to my car I would bring it to police reporting centre to make sure it is legal to avoid headaches, same goes for my buddy in the neon. He was told that as long as they flash amber they are fine.
[right][snapback]203197[/snapback][/right]

I will agree with this!!! Instead of cops stopping me, I stop them and ask my questions! I have Blue LED underbody kit, and they said as long as you can't see the actual bulb then you are alright! So I said okay thanks and went on my way! Took him about 15 mins to actually find the right answer calling people and what not!!!!

Crack is down?

I have to keep more in tune with news from the streets.

Moving this topic. :lol:
ANTHONYD,Aug 21 2006, 02:23 PM Wrote:
Mason,Aug 21 2006, 11:52 AM Wrote:Welcome to london every night. If I cruse with anyone I know there are allways cops following us.
[right][snapback]203199[/snapback][/right]

Maybe it's because of the noise your car makes? :rolleyes:
[right][snapback]203237[/snapback][/right]
Or the smell of MJ permeating from the car?
theres something funny in that london water thank good I dont live there
at least its not loud exhaust tickets on car with OE exhaust!
well seeing how it's getting closer to the end of the month, a lot of police are out and about giving out tickets this time of the month as they are required to meet their quota for the month and this is the time when they are out trying to fill it, unless there is a shceduled program in effect like R.I.D.E. and what not.

adding to puppet's statement earlier you are also required to have red side marker lights after the front doors on your car / truck unless it's a simi truck, if your car / truck has the luminated side marker lights in the rear not attached to the tail light it self.

And when I went to the police and asked them about side marker lights for my fender repeaters before I hooked them up in Peel region they look for any colour other then orange / amber. Also you are required to have a lumanated amber / orange light in the front of your car / truck (MTO requirement) for safety reasons it's why the peanut bulbs in my ST170 headlights are orange / amber as seen in the pic below.

[Image: 000_0251.jpg]
My buddy put a neon on his honda bike.... must be something about hondas and neon lights... anyway the cops took no time in pulling his ass over, the same day he put it on I think. Most of those things just look cheap anyway. Once your local Walmart devotes a whole isle to those lights, it's a sign...
Pages: 1 2