FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Sick Of Scratched Cd's...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I wanna get myself into a deck with an SD card slot, or something similar like that, as I'm sick to death of my burnt CD's not wanting to last anymore because of scratches and stuff.

Any suggestions....BESIDES alpine or pioneer? I wanna have something that not everyone else has...as per usual...lol
what about a deck with USB option?!

or using an ipod, minidisc, etc..?

Clarion has deck with 'MusicCatcher' which is like a hdd....

Alpine has built in hard drives..

kenwood doess too!

JVC has at least 2 that I know of with SD and MP3

or how about a deck with Mp3 capability and then you got 12 cd's on a disc...saves you from having to keep removing it?!

lots of options out there for different needs!

edit--

check out this JVC unit -- Model # Kd-sh1000

I've never used a JVC deck but they have always offered 'different' things than the others...front Aux input, usb, SD... Go to the JVC site...check out the EXAD line among other products!! at least 3 decks I see there!

this one looks tight...for real!! model # KD-SHX850
I was actually considering that one...

I currently have an Arsenal Series AR5000 from JVC which was like a $650 deck when it was new. I think it has an aux input, which I guess I could use a y-adapter to a single miniplug and use my Sansa MP3 player with it...

Still, I like the idea of using a USB or SD option right from the front. I think that keeping everything digital, rather than using a mechanical disc drive and DAC's, would also last longer, and have less heat too.

Thanks for the suggestion though, I'm likely going to purchase JVC again, unless there are other decks out that wet my appetite...
Kenwood makes somthing called the music keg.
Like a 10 gig harddrive that hooks up to your deck.
going on 2 years not burning a music cd..........Ipods are great for everything.