FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: 2009 Svtoa Redline At Mosport Int'l
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a few pics taken at the SVTOA event that took place at Mosport International this month and I thought about sharing them with you . The big track was an awesome experience for me . Ken had been there before and it showed . We had great weather , great instructors , a great experience . Here we go :

1. Getting ready
[Image: 09mon-036.jpg]

2. My co-pilot and me
[Image: 09mon-077.jpg]

3. Chasing Cobras . And managed to pass one ... believed or not
[Image: 09ontrack-030.jpg]

4. Chased by Ken . Not for long ... I managed to pass him uphill on the back straight but then he was faster through the turns . Passed me and never caught up with him again . More experience makes a diference . Believed it :ph34r:
[Image: 09ontrack-035.jpg]

5. Move out the way !
[Image: 09ontrack-039.jpg]

6. Classroom ... watch and learn from the MAN
[Image: 09tue-011.jpg]

7. Representing FC ... at least trying
[Image: IMG_0893.jpg]

8. Flying by ... guided by the instructor
[Image: IMG_0924.jpg]

9. Again with instructor
[Image: IMG_0943.jpg]

10. After hard work , a man's got to eat .
[Image: IMG_1395.jpg]
Good pics. Looks like you had fun.
Ah... I knew I forgot to do something...

Not many pics, still sorting through them all :blink:

Car at the hotel stickered up and ready to go:

[Image: MosportDriverDevelopmentTrackDay022.jpg]

A few shots from the passenger seat during parade laps, just to give you a taste of the elevation changes on the track:

[Image: MosportDriverDevelopmentTrackDay134.jpg]
[Image: MosportDriverDevelopmentTrackDay102.jpg]
[Image: MosportDriverDevelopmentTrackDay100.jpg]

NefCanuck
I love your twisted license plate :lol:
Actually that's a double twist...

Let someone try to unscramble that :lol:

NefCanuck
nice pics, nef what car are you sitting in taking the pics?
eek double post
Spinal,Sep 28 2009, 03:44 PM Wrote:nice pics, nef what car are you sitting in taking the pics?
[right][snapback]295024[/snapback][/right]

Yup, which lead to the car behind me coming up to me later saying that they thought I was going to drop the camera more than a few times as I was fumbling around trying to get a decent shot.

NefCanuck
Gabriel how were your brake pads this time?
NikiterZTS,Sep 28 2009, 10:34 PM Wrote:Gabriel how were your brake pads this time?
[right][snapback]295035[/snapback][/right]
Everything worked well . I used the same Adaptive One pads that I had before buying the ones ( Satisfied ) that gave me trouble at Cayuga . These don't fade when hot , actually the hotter the better , as long as the brake fluid stays ... fluid :D . Also they don't heat up as much as OEM's and there's less dust . But IMO Mosport Int'l is not hard on brakes . No comparison with DDT .
Gabriel,Sep 29 2009, 10:37 PM Wrote:
NikiterZTS,Sep 28 2009, 10:34 PM Wrote:Gabriel how were your brake pads this time?
Everything worked well . I used the same Adaptive One pads that I had before buying the ones ( Satisfied ) that gave me trouble at Cayuga . These don't fade when hot , actually the hotter the better , as long as the brake fluid stays ... fluid :D . Also they don't heat up as much as OEM's and there's less dust . But IMO Mosport Int'l is not hard on brakes . No comparison with DDT .
[right][snapback]295106[/snapback][/right]

Tell that to the driver of the Ford Flex :ph34r: :lol:

Mine turned an interesting shade of blue (Ford OEM 26K on 'em) after a few runs once I started getting the hang of things.

I can only imagine what they would have done had I not chickened out and kept the hammer down in the back straight to the top of the second rise :P

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Sep 30 2009, 10:52 AM Wrote:
Gabriel,Sep 29 2009, 10:37 PM Wrote:
[right][snapback]295106[/snapback][/right]

Tell that to the driver of the Ford Flex :ph34r: :lol:

Mine turned an interesting shade of blue (Ford OEM 26K on 'em) after a few runs once I started getting the hang of things.

I can only imagine what they would have done had I not chickened out and kept the hammer down in the back straight to the top of the second rise :P

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]295144[/snapback][/right]

Well that was interesting , the Flex is pretty much an SUV , doesn't it ? And the rules said no trucks and suv's . They maybe forgot to mention "except if you're Dixie Ford's owner and a sponsor ". Yes he was talking about brake fade on the Flex .