FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: 2007 Foci...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok let's see...

Ford offers the GFX on the 3/5 Door SES models and the SE 4 door model, which is fine and dandy, but why not on the ST TOO!?

No offence to those of you with the SES or SE models, but I think it's retarded to put a gfx kit on the bread n' butter models, and not the actual "performance" varient...

Where's the logic in this? If I was shopping for a Foci, and wanted an ST, I'd WANT the GFX kit on it, complete, and not just the rear diffuser type bumper. Why should someone with an ST have to buy the GFX seperately after buying the car, or buying it aftermarket...this is stupid...

Anyways, on another note...I convinced my roomate to leave the "Civic Nation" behind...he's traded in on a Black on Black Leather, fully loaded 2003 Escape XLT V6 Limited...whoo hoo! 1 down, only a few million to convert! :P
The GFX package can be put on any hatch or sedan. Listed or not. (and yes, from the factory)

EDIT: Just did a 'build your vehicle' online quote, and it shows the listing to add the GFX package to an ST.
Well, I am glad to hear that...coz my parents are still considering the ST, and possibly with the GFX...it looks nice when the car is black like yours... B)
That would be cool...
the kit is cool but that wing looks like ass on the sedan..

sorry to those that have it..but the 2 foot high 'honda-esq' wing looks disgusting!!
microbunny,Aug 19 2006, 08:47 PM Wrote:the kit is cool but that wing looks like ass on the sedan..

sorry to those that have it..but the 2 foot high 'honda-esq' wing looks disgusting!!
[right][snapback]203049[/snapback][/right]

Its more subie'ish/Mazda-esq than anything, but what do I know heh.
Flofocus,Aug 19 2006, 09:08 PM Wrote:
microbunny,Aug 19 2006, 08:47 PM Wrote:the kit is cool but that wing looks like ass on the sedan..

[right][snapback]203049[/snapback][/right]

Its more subie'ish/Mazda-esq than anything, but what do I know heh.
[right][snapback]203051[/snapback][/right]

Yeh but subbies rule

and

Mazdas look better!@
euro_zx5,Aug 19 2006, 08:03 PM Wrote:The GFX package can be put on any hatch or sedan. Listed or not. (and yes, from the factory)

EDIT: Just did a 'build your vehicle' online quote, and it shows the listing to add the GFX package to an ST.
[right][snapback]203044[/snapback][/right]

According to internal Ford docs the GFX package is standard on ST for '07.

[Image: 07_Focus_changes.jpg]
I was able to add it as an option on Ford.ca "build and price" as well. The only lot cars I've seen with the GFX are ZX5 SES models.
It's funny...the brochure for 2007 lists the GFX as unavailable to the ST...but based on the info you guys have shown me, I guess the decision to offer it on the ST was changed/added after the brochure was printed...

Thanks for the info...
ZTWsquared,Aug 19 2006, 10:47 PM Wrote:
euro_zx5,Aug 19 2006, 08:03 PM Wrote:The GFX package can be put on any hatch or sedan. Listed or not. (and yes, from the factory)

[right][snapback]203044[/snapback][/right]

According to internal Ford docs the GFX package is standard on ST for '07.
[right][snapback]203056[/snapback][/right]

Even cooler... I'm sort of warming up to the picnic table spoiler...
I think the spoiler and the whole GFX kit looks less ridiculous when the car is lowered and has 17's under the fenders...it looks like a more complete package then...
They should offer some new oem rims...

The 16's are nice but so old now!! You'd think they would make a new design!?

Or make those euro-17's on the ST stock..that would be hott!
I think they should turbo charge the 2.3 like it is on the new mazda suv....It is essentialy the same engine.
^^ He's right, or at least bump up the compression / use different cams and give it a reason to be called the ST!

Also, I like Paul's idea - 17s or even 18s to counter the Cobalt SS / Supercharged SS's 18 inch rims. They're drop-dead gorgeous!
I keep bugging my buddy to put the Cobalt SS S/C 's rims on his Malibu...I know they fit because the Malibu Maxx SS comes with the same wheels...