FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Problem With Clutch Slave
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,

Just recently I installed my new Clutch Slave Cylinder w/ the throwout bearing. now I put everything back together as I was suppose to, torqued everything to spec, bled the slave cylinder like your suppose to and everything is fine BUT.......... I have no clutch pressure in 4th and 5th gear past 3500 rpm........ Do you think theres an air lock in the line or something? I mean its no problem to bleed everything again and top the fluid back up, I just hope its nothing internal..... What do you guys think?
I'd bleed it again if I were you. It was a relatively straight forward install once you get everything apart so if you did torque everything to spec and all that jazz......bleed her again!
yeah bleed it...
When I bled mine it did take a while to get all the air out.....I think we bled about 1/2 a bottle of fluid before the air was completely out.

It does go a lot better with 2 people ;)
Ok good stuff, I shall bleed her again after I get my radiator hose in tomorrow...... some how I blew a rad line last night coming back home from the falls. I don't know how but at least it'll be fixed and my car will be good to go!
Just incase you want the ford tech cd info and don't want to get the torrent.

1. Bleed the clutch system.
2. Note:
Continually check the brake fluid level while bleeding the system and top it up as necessary.
Top up the brake fluid reservoir to the top edge with Super DOT4 brake fluid.

3. Bleed the clutch system.
* Remove the protective cap from the bleed nipple and slide on a transparent hose. Push the open end of the transparent hose into the brake fluid collector.
* Slowly depress the clutch pedal fully several times and fix it at the bottom of its travel.
* Open the bleed nipple. As the clutch engages the brake fluid is driven out of the clutch slave cylinder through the bleed hose.
* Tighten the bleed nipple.
* Free the clutch pedal and pull it right up.
* Repeat the bleeding process until the brake fluid which flows into the collector is clear and free of bubbles.

4. Bleed the clutch system (cont.)
* Tighten the bleed nipple after bleeding.
* Install the protective cap.
* After bleeding, depress the clutch pedal ten times and check its operation.

5. Note:
Make sure there is absolute cleanliness when topping up brake fluid.
Check the brake fluid level.
* The fluid level must be between the MIN and MAX marks. If the level drops below the MIN mark the brake warning light comes on.
* If necessary, top up the brake fluid reservoir with Super DOT4 brake fluid.