FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: How Long Do You Have To Go?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Before your car is paid outright?

I have FIVE payments to go!

I can't wait.

What I've learned:

1. Put money down.
2. No more 5 year payment plans. 5 Years doesn't sound long when your hyped about a new car... NEWSFLASH...IT'S LONG!
3. No more Fords

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I agree on points 2 and 3. If you total your car and you put money down you won't get that money back from the insurance!
at this rate i have 100000 payments left :( I'll probably buy something else before i'm even close to paying this car off...
my car is on a student line of credit, i have structured payments but they wont pay off the car for a set date. but once im done school and working it will get paid off quickly. ive also used it to pay for some school expenses. so either way itll probly be 4 years from date of purchase. mind you it was 2 years old when i bought.

so technically i own the car outright (well its in my dads name) becaue the loan is not attached to the vehicle.
Paid mine in full motherf***ers!!!! :lol:

5 year payment plan.. yikes! ... I try to stick to a payment plan that falls within the car's warranty period.
Factory orderd my 2003 ZTW in September 2002, paid cash! :D
Paid in full too- Next car will probably be financed though, I want a brand new one..
Supposedly we have just under 2 1/2 years left, but we'll likely have it paid off just after Christmas at this rate. I'm in no rush... at 230/mo, it's quite affordable.

So what's with the growing trend that the majority of the people that matter here for moderating/administration will shortly no longer own a Focus?
Mine was a used trade in, and I paid the difference in full.
NOS2Go4Me,Aug 16 2006, 11:08 AM Wrote:So what's with the growing trend that the majority of the people that matter here for moderating/administration will shortly no longer own a Focus?
[right][snapback]202598[/snapback][/right]

I can't believe you even want to know... :P ESPECIALLY with me.

I dunno though Adam, Ford just doesn't make nice cars anymore. I mean the new edge and whatever the other car is they're pumping out of Oakville is really nice looking, but we all know NOT to buy new model cars. Especially Fords. (Remember the 2000 Focus) what a trainwreck.

It may sound wierd, but I feel like I've grown out of the Focus. It doesn't reflect me anymore. It did when I got it. A sensible car, looks nice, get's me from here to there and such. I just think it's a car I'll chalk up to a learning experience. Not to mention it feels like it's on the verge of costing me money. Something a 5 year car really shouldn't be doing. I know...I know... EVERY car will cost you money, but for some reason dumping thousands of dollars into a 7 year old Focus just doesn't seem right. It's still a Focus.

When I look at my Wife's car...11 years old, and all we've done is O2 sensor, timing chain and brakes.... I feel like that's what a car should be. Not having to listen to wierd sounds, parts failing left and right and driving around with a lack of confidence in your car. I'm WAY more confident in my my Wife's car than mine...and hers is twice the age as mine. :rolleyes:

I'll drive mine into the ground.... At this rate, probably another 5 years.
Times change. So do people's tastes and needs.
That's why people get divorced. Boredom.
I have to disagree with Anthony about changing car companies. I have actually owned another car besides a Ford (believe it or not) and it was more of a problem than it was worth.
But hey, to each his own and he'll learn soon enough that nothing is satisfying in a car. Life is not perfect.
And Aaron paid off the car in 15 months. You guys are crazy with these 5 year payment plans. That can really bite you in the ass if your a person like Jay and changes their mind about their car every 6 months.

Pay cash. And if you can't pay cash, the max. I would do on a loan for a car is 3 years. If you can't afford that, you can't afford the car.

Or lease the damn thing like every yuppie wannabe.
meford4u,Aug 16 2006, 03:35 PM Wrote:Times change.  So do people's tastes and needs.
That's why people get divorced.  Boredom.
I have to disagree with Anthony about changing car companies.  I have actually owned another car besides a Ford (believe it or not) and it was more of a problem than it was worth.
But hey, to each his own and he'll learn soon enough that nothing is satisfying in a car.  Life is not perfect.
And Aaron paid off the car in 15 months.  You guys are crazy with these 5 year payment plans.  That can really bite you in the ass if your a person like Jay and changes their mind about their car every 6 months.

Pay cash.  And if you can't pay cash, the max. I would do on a loan for a car is 3 years.  If you can't afford that, you can't afford the car.

Or lease the damn thing like every yuppie wannabe.
[right][snapback]202649[/snapback][/right]

Agree.

The only reason I had to do the 5 year plan was I didn't have the coin for a nice big down payment.

Not to mention I had "hobbies" that cost money. and rent, and food, and transit etc.... the list goes on and on.

Had I not been paying rent, and saving money for my house,I would have had a MUCH larger range of money to work with. I don't regret my actions. In a few more onths I'll have a home and 2 cars paid for in the driveway.

As for the not buying Ford again....it's not that their bad cars Bryan. It's just there isn't anything in their lineup that tickles my bag right now. I won't be buying a new car anytime soon, who knows, they may come out with a really nice car that will suit my needs when I'm ready to take the plunge...I won't hold my breath though.

The main reason I'm changing car companies next time around is pure and simple...Once bitten twice shy. I don't think I'm out of line in saying that because my first experience with Ford was barely a medocre one, it will keep me from buying another one. Will I go around and tell people how Sh it Ford is and how they're cars are crap? (not that I'm saying they are by any means :( )
Nope! I'll just buy something else.
My payments are finished next July.. so I've got just under a year left on my 5 year plan. And when it's paid off I'll keep driving it until I can't anymore or I'm making so much money I cant resist buying a new car. It'll just be nice having a car with no monthly payment.. that's another $360/month of disposable income (or actually it would be smarter to save that payment amount each month for when something breaks down :P )