FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Flashing Check Engine Light
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well after coming back from the Masiv KW & C meet here in Kitchener, my Check engine light came on and then started to flash after I down shifted from 5th to 4th, and back into 5th to pass a slower car on the highway. I got off the highway at fairview and pulled into the mall and it went off and has not come back on since.

I know I have had some issues with the car lately with putting my foot down on the gas and the car feeling like it's jerking with I do this in all gears but reverse.

I'm wondering how much it will be to fix these little problems and is it something I can do with out taking it to Ford, with my limited tools ?
perhaps a quick thing to check is the tightness of your battery terminals. i had an intermittent CEL under throttle in my focus and it turned out to be that.
naz,Aug 15 2006, 10:58 PM Wrote:perhaps a quick thing to check is the tightness of your battery terminals. i had an intermittent CEL under throttle in my focus and it turned out to be that.
[right][snapback]202527[/snapback][/right]

you mean if their loose right ?

I'll check that in the morning thanks naz ! :)
I should bring my xcal to the next meet for anyone that has a CEL. Not sure if it can read past codes that were thrown.
nass,Aug 16 2006, 06:38 AM Wrote:I should bring my xcal to the next meet for anyone that has a CEL. Not sure if it can read past codes that were thrown.
[right][snapback]202550[/snapback][/right]

p.s. u gotta still bring it for my car :)
The only time I've made my CEL flash was when I bumped off of my governor on the 401 earlier this year. A solid CEL was actually a improperly tightened gas cap.

Have you done the gauge cluster code trick to see if it's throwing anything?
NOS2Go4Me,Aug 17 2006, 02:40 PM Wrote:The only time I've made my CEL flash was when I bumped off of my governor on the 401 earlier this year. A solid CEL was actually a improperly tightened gas cap.

Have you done the gauge cluster code trick to see if it's throwing anything?
[right][snapback]202791[/snapback][/right]

I never even thought of the gage cluster trick, thanks Nos