FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Any Graphic Artists/novices Out There?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm finishing up my first ever research project (yay... finally), and I'm looking to get the thing published within the next little while. Although I'm fine with the software I'm using (VICON, MATLAB), I really could use a hand in developing some little schematic diagrams of my experimental protocol. To someone who is experienced with any sort of draw program out there, I should think that a drawing shouldn't take more than 20 mins. flat, but to someone like me, I don't want to even warrant a guess as to how many tears I will shed over this thing....

To get to the point, would anyone like to help me create a little drawing for my article in exchange for a mention in my final finished piece (which will be published in some neuroscience journal soon enough)??? And maybe I'll bake cookies too.... if it's good ;)
would love to help...but the only prog. we used in college was autocad2000 to draw circuit diagrams

what exectly drawing are u looking for?
I have experience with visio, UML tools, etc.. and I have a bit of time.. just need a bit more info on what you're looking for.
yay! There's interest. :)

It's kind of hard to describe, but here goes :)

Basically, I need 3 small drawings

1) a picture of a person standing straight and looking forward (a stick figure would do) on two force platforms (just a raised surface)
2) a picture of a person standing straight, (on the force platforms) and looking forward, with a type of 'laser pointer' attached to their right hip... with maybe some dashed lines that project onto a target in front of them
3) a picture of a person standing straight, (on the force platforms) their body oriented forward, but their head looking 90 deg. to the right, with the laser pointer on their right hip, projecting onto a target on the right side of their body.

I know it sounds difficult, but if you've seen any of the pics in the journals I'm submitting to you, the diagrams are kept very basic

Thanks for your help
Special cookies or regular cookies!!??

just so i know!?