FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: 1974 Video Of Paris At Breakneck Speeds
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Check this out.

Follow the instructions at the top of the page. This guy was an F1 driver in a Ferrari flying throught ht estreets of Paris in 174. They have recently added an animated map of where he is driving.

VERY COOL!

FERRARI IN PARIS
Quote:In promotions, by fans and in various internet discussions, it is often claimed or speculated that the film uses Lelouch's own Ferrari 275 GTB, some other Ferrari type, an Alpine, or even a Le Mans prototype race car. Some even boldl state the type or color of the car, despite it never being seen. For the anonymous driver, professional racers of the time like Jacques Laffite or Jacky Ickx were suspected.

Calculations made by several independent groups showed that the car never exceeded 140 km/h (85 mph) [2], Lelouch himself cited that the top speed achieved was 200 km/h.

Comments from Lelouch prove that the vehicle that carried the camera was his 6.9L Mercedes-Benz, with automatic transmission and a top speed of 230 km/h. The gear changes up into 5th and high-revving engine sounds indicate speeds of well over 200 km/h, yet the picture often does not match, as visual speed does not change as much as the sound does. This is due to the fact that the sound track was dubbed with the sound from a Ferrari 275GTB to give the impression of much higher speeds, as confirmed by Lelouch.

[Image: Mercedes_not_Ferrari.jpg]
You have got to be the BIGGEST kill-joy I've ever met.

Jesus. <_<

:lol:
Ummmm..... they say it was a closed course!

Anyone count how many Red Lights he went through???

ANTHONYD,Aug 15 2006, 11:13 AM Wrote:You have got to be the BIGGEST kill-joy I've ever met.

Jesus. <_<

:lol:
[right][snapback]202434[/snapback][/right]

well, I wanted to call repost, but not sure where I saw this video originally... :P
None the less it's still a pretty cool short film. If you watch close you can see some of the spotters. They flash lights when the car enters blind areas. The easiest one to spot is when the car goes through a stone arch way. Not sure what time it was shot at but it's early morning, notice all the garbage trucks. I like the the shot when the car's down a dark alley way and a lady pulls here dog towards her as the car rides up a curb to go around a truck.

DRyanC
p.s. Why does it say 1974 in the thread title when it states in the link that the video was made in 1978?

02ztsian

I'm sure I saw this in a theater back in the 70's-I think I went to a movie with my parents-can't remember which one- and this was one of the short films they would show before the feature. Cool.
I spent some time in Paris late last year / early this year. Using the tourist map I brought back with me, I was able to trace about 80% of the route he took. I can't follow when he gets into the really small streets on the way up to Sacre-Couer.
Sigh...now I need to go and buy LeMans now...
If u like this then u need to download the getaway in stockholm videos! B)
02ztsian,Aug 15 2006, 07:16 PM Wrote:I'm sure I saw this in a theater back in the 70's-I think I went to a movie with my parents-can't remember which one- and this was one of the short films they would show before the feature. Cool.
[right][snapback]202497[/snapback][/right]

Wow, I can't believe I'd ever see this film again.

Yes, I saw this originally in a theater back in the 70s as a short before some feature film.

This film inspired me to drive a stick and learn how to heel and toe downshift, just for the beauty of the sound itself.
02_svt_guy,Aug 17 2006, 12:20 PM Wrote:If u like this then u need to download the getaway in stockholm videos!  B)
[right][snapback]202749[/snapback][/right]

is that the one where they're driving around in a go-kart?