FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Manitoba 'radar Detector' Laws?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I seem to recall like years and years back there was a law in Manitoba that radar detectors were 'illegal'??

Is this true? I have a quick trip to Brandon planned for next Monday/Tuesday and wondering about this....

Thanks..........
Arent they illegal in most provinces?
No not Sask, Alberta or BC, that I know of anyway...... DEFINITELY not Saskatchewan.
hmmmm, I thought they were illegal in Alta. My father got pulled over on the way to Sylvain Lake for Bill Ranfords Goaltending school.....jeez, what happened to that guy anyway? :lol:

Anyway, my father got a ticket....that was when I was 13, so I wasnt paying attention, I know he had the detector on, but maybe the cop just gave him a ticket for speeding... :ph34r:
I dunno, I had it up the whole way in Alberta this past week when I was out there vacationing.

Oh well, I don't speed my ass off but it's nice to know when the cops are 'coming' ahead......

I still seem to recall there being a law in Manitoba..... I did a quick google and didn't find anything.
Found something about them being illegal in Manitoba and New Brunswick but when I clicked the link, the window opened quickly then closed. Not sure, wasn't some BS advertisement site either.....

Oh well........ guess my memory does work afterall......
Yes they used to be illegal here, I'm pretty sure they still are. Let me see what I can find for you.....

Aha! A local forum had this link....

http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw..._1082.html

Quote: It is illegal to take automobile radar detectors into Quebec, Ontario, Manitoba, the Yukon or the Northwest Territories, regardless of whether they are used or not. Police there may confiscate radar detectors, operational or not, and impose substantial fines.

01-yellow-ZX3

Yup, definitely illegal here in Manitoba.

S2 - interested in winter tires mounted on OEM wheels at all? I could meet up with you. Just a shot outta the blue.
01-yellow-ZX3,Aug 14 2006 Wrote:Yup, definitely illegal here in Manitoba.

S2 - interested in winter tires mounted on OEM wheels at all?  I could meet up with you.  Just a shot outta the blue.
[right][snapback]202373[/snapback][/right]

he drives a volvo now

01-yellow-ZX3

Lol, and I drive a Subaru. ie: need to get rid of these asap
BTW Evan, seen your old Focus in Kenora driving by Carfest a couple weekends ago (had MB plates on it).

01-yellow-ZX3

Yeah I've seen it in Kenora a few times now, weird coincedence.

I've even left a note on the windshield to call me, but no dice. I've got all the warranty papers still for the car.