FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: The Ultimate Traffic Pole.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ANTHONYD,Aug 11 2006, 08:25 AM Wrote:GAWD DAMN
[right][snapback]201941[/snapback][/right]

HOLY ****!!!!

Now, we need some of those in our parking lot I reckon, stop the danged trucks from speeding through it. Had a few ppl nearly hit...some really close calls too.

Dang.
Ah I remember seeing that on Fifth Gear. Neat little pole, I'm sure I'd never like to hit one at any sort of speed.
ANTHONYD,Aug 11 2006, 08:25 AM Wrote:GAWD DAMN
[right][snapback]201941[/snapback][/right]

are you waiting for these videos to appear on sites other than break.com before posting them now?

:P
piss off.
those would be good for areas with high security with current events going on, so they can be raised when there is a potential threat or and elevated terrorist threat.
all u need to do is put those in school zones where kids cross and document that video around for a bit. trust me the next time someone wants to speed or drive crazy in a school zone they will think twice!
^--- I think you're on the right track... put those in school zones so that they raise when they detect someone speeding excessively... one way or another, they'll stop.

Or put them up at ped x-ings.. miss the flashing yellow lights? NOT ANYMORE!
darkpuppet,Aug 11 2006, 12:53 PM Wrote:Or put them up at ped x-ings.. miss the flashing yellow lights?  NOT ANYMORE!
[right][snapback]202031[/snapback][/right]

Pedophiles get their own crossings? Was this a Michael Jackson-supported initiative?
they should of put a dummy in the truck....
Damn, those have been around in Europe for a while now. I didn't think it would do that much damge to a vehicle though. Wow
Whoa :blink: that's a serious traffic stopper right there..

Of course anybody stupid enough to hit one of those at speed deserves to get crumpled into itsy-bitsy pieces :P

I'm just wondering if that thing could actually punch through a car if you parked on top of one :huh: :ph34r:

NefCanuck
Thats nuts..

I cant help but wonder how far an actual driver would fly after impact...

Those things dont raise fast enough to 'punch through' a car...I'd guess!?!

Talk about damage...and if that truck was loaded with explosives...its gonna blow up on impact with that thing either way,...
judging by that video I don't think the driver would be going anywhere really... the front cab literally wrapped around that pole. I wonder why that is so effective? could it be that it is relatively low to the ground and that it is longer than what we can see??

I think what makes it so effective is it doesn't give... at all. The whole impact has to be absorbed in a tiny portion of your vehicle. Better hope those crumple zones work correctly, that energy has to be scrubbed off somewhere... and if it's not the crumple zones it's going to be you.
That's insane... I bet they'd be pretty costly to produce.