FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: New Project
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: 2006_0810Truck0001.jpg]

[Image: 2006_0810Truck0012.jpg]

[Image: 2006_0810Truck0011.jpg]

[Image: 2006_0810Truck0010.jpg]

[Image: 2006_0810Truck0008.jpg]

[Image: 2006_0810Truck0009.jpg]

[Image: 2006_0810Truck0007.jpg]

[Image: UpcloseDoctored.jpg]

[Image: RightFrontDoctored.jpg]

[Image: Leftfrontdoctored.jpg]

[Image: LeftReardoctored.jpg]
what kind of plans do you have with the truck?
1977 Chevrolet C10 Silverado...

original 350 cu in/ 5.7L V8,
original 350 Auto transmission,
original rear diff and axles,
original box, original interior (don't have all of it anymore),
factory A/C (needs to be fixed and recharged) factory cruise, tilt, buckets and console, 1984 Delco 4channel digital tuner/cassette and Koss 6x9 speakers, true dual SS exhaust with NO cats and EGR system removed.

This is the 1ST vehicle I ever drove, which was when I was 10 years old, and while on vacation in PEI (at the log house our family had there as a summer property). It had been an Ontario vehicle (dad's), then ended up as one of our vehicles down on the east coast (was bought by grandad), then re-sold to my dad a few years ago and brought back to Ontario where it was stored in our garage and not really ever touched. It's had 2x botched bodyjobs and will need a full frame-off restoration. My dad sold the truck to me, and is going to give me the pinkslip soon.

Cost to me... $0
What are my plans?

Body:

->Teardown of the body, blast media the frame, replace the fenders, hood, and the fleetsides of the box all with new panels.

->replace the windsheild and rear glass, and have the proper original style of seals put on them again.

-> Replace the windows in the doors with the 1982+ style (single peice as the old ones just aren't available anymore)

-> Replace the floor panels in the floor of the cab, and then fiberglass them in to seal the whole floor, and then put heat sheild or dynamat down, followed by new carpeting.

-> TRex Billet Grille insert with chrome fairings, along with chrome headlamp surrounds

-> H-4 headlamp conversion (Cibie or Hella lense and Sylvania or Hella bulbs)

Engine:

->Teardown the engine, and rebuild it, having it balanced, replace engine bolts with ARP studs, etc.

->A mild grind street cam (Crane or equivalent)

->Polished Edelbrock dual-plane aluminum intake manifold (lose weight and gain power)

->Shorty SS headers (lower weight of cast iron stockers and better flow) and Gibson SS exhaust front to back (or a custom MBRP deisel exhaust modded for my application...hehehe....)

->Holley or Edelbrock 450-600 cfm 4bbl (truck has a rochester 4bbl, but should have had a carter)

->Remove the factory fan and it's pulley from the end of the crank and replace them with a flex-a-lite electric fan (to reduce weight and gain HP and TQ).

-> MSD Distributor with HEI cap and rotor, and Accel ignition wires.

-> Copper head and valve cover gaskets

-> Polished valve covers

-> K&N or equivalent air filter

-> Put a milder gearset in the diff so that highway speed isn't an issue

Chasis/Suspension:

-> Body-off and blast media the frame and it's major components

-> Powdercoat the frame in glossblack or other colour

-> Replace ALL of the bushings on the truck with polyeurathane (likely Energy Suspensions complete C10 kit)

-> Belltech or DJM Suspensions suspension kit (either lowering control arms or spindles, springs, shocks, swaybars, etc...all with poly bushings).

-> Upsize the rims to 17", with a 60 series tire fitted (still enough sidewall to be used as a truck, but look cool doing it).

-> Rear disc brake conversion with upsized rotors in the front (drop permitting)

Interior:

-> Dynamat the floor, doors, and rear wall

-> New carpet, headliner, dashpad, and door panel parts

-> Led Lightbulbs in the dash, and a Autometer Tach

-> Kenny Harrison OEM clone radio with iPod/mp3/cd aux and 4-ch preouts

-> 6 1/2" PowerAcoustik component sets in kickpods

-> Single 10" PowerAcoustik subwoofer in a sealed box

-> 2 x 2-ch OR 1x 4-ch PowerAcoustik amplifiers

Paint:

-> Upgrade to basecoat/clear paintjob...possible 2-tone setup like the 70 C10 they did on Overhaulin (navy blue with a cobalt metallic on the bottom, with a pinstripe and have a lighter metallic blue on the roof and pillars).

-> NO graphics or airbrushing as I like a clean, plain truck...

-> Paint the engine to match the roof and pillars, or the bottom of the truck

Figure that'll run the better part of $15,000 - $20,000, but that's still almost 1/3 - 1/2 the price of a new truck, and it'll be a custom, and should retain it's value nicely.
Are you serious?

:huh:
Figure that'll run the better part of $15,000 - $20,000, but that's still almost 1/3 - 1/2 the price of a new truck, and it'll be a custom, and should retain it's value nicely.

That's true, but it would still be a 1977 PU that would have value of maybe 50% of what you put into it.

This looks like it's a sentimental truck. So it may not make sense to anyone but yourself. These types of projects I understand. So have fun with it. It's not about the money, it's about the love for your first ride.

My first ride was a 1986 Capri. The first car I ever owned. The first car I ever drove was a 1972 orange Maverick with a 350. Now that was one ugly car with balls. I would get nothing like that now. Orange, maybe. But a Maverick???

Enjoy your project.
The term I like to use for ideas like these is RESTO-MOD...I always wanted to build up a hotrod of sorts, and a P/U is a little more interesting than a typical muscle car...well, to me anyways.

Yeah, the sentimental value is there, and I'm already ahead of the game by getting the pinkslip for nothing...
Nice truck!

I hope it works out for you, man. I love older trucks. They're pretty useless to me for D2D driving, but for cruising they can't be beat.