FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: World Trade Center
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I went to go see a screening of this brand new film today. I won't say, you gotta see it, or it was a fantastic time....cause it really wasnt. In the sense of 'was it good'...yes, an excellent job of storytelling and capturing the events.

This film was not meant to be entertainment, but does a massive job in capturing your attention.

Anyone else seen this film!?

http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/wtc/large.html
No need, I can go online and look up the planes crashing into the building anytime I want. Or the towers collapsing... or read the stories of what happened. Why would I want to go pay $10-14 to go watch the movie.
Aka,Aug 10 2006, 04:03 PM Wrote:No need, I can go online and look up the planes crashing into the building anytime I want. Or the towers collapsing... or read the stories of what happened. Why would I want to go pay $10-14 to go watch the movie.
[right][snapback]201800[/snapback][/right]

Your obviously uneducated and ignorant on the whole subject. This movie isn't about planes crashing and shock value, its telling a real story about 2 men that did all they could and survived.

I've been there, my dad worked there, and you have no idea what you are talking about. I'd gladly give you $10-$14 to go see this film so you can make an educated post and don't just come off like an asshole.
i really want to go see that movie.....looks good....plus Nicolas Cage is a good actor
microbunny,Aug 10 2006, 04:16 PM Wrote:I'd gladly give you $10-$14 to go see this film so you can make an educated post and don't just come off like an asshole.
[right][snapback]201801[/snapback][/right]
Hey--I'm an asshole, and I happen to take PayPal..... :lol:
OAC_Sparky,Aug 10 2006, 04:40 PM Wrote:
microbunny,Aug 10 2006, 04:16 PM Wrote:I'd gladly give you $10-$14 to go see this film so you can make an educated post and don't just come off like an asshole.
Hey--I'm an asshole, and I happen to take PayPal..... :lol:
[right][snapback]201808[/snapback][/right]

...seriously... <_<
I saw it last night, and i would suggest waiting to rent it rather than going to the theater to see it.

It was a good movie, and it did an excellent job capturing the emotions of everyone involved in it, i just seemed to loose interest half way through
Too soon??? I'm not sayin this movie is all about profit and I admit that I have not seen the movie, but don't tell me who ever produced this didn't plan on raking in the green on this flick.
There's something about making profits on people's misfortunes that kinda irks me...

I did see Farenheit 9/11 and loved it. But it was more a political message. Hell, Michael Moore was even telling people he would give them a copy of the movie for free.
its looks like it would be a good movie to see, and to get the point of view of people that were actually at ground zero. also from what i've heard they used the actual resuce people that resuced the two guys from the rubble in the movie.

it's been just about 5 years, if they would have had the ability to make Pearl Habour durning the late 40's or 50's they probably would have.
microbunny,Aug 10 2006, 04:16 PM Wrote:
Aka,Aug 10 2006, 04:03 PM Wrote:No need, I can go online and look up the planes crashing into the building anytime I want. Or the towers collapsing... or read the stories of what happened. Why would I want to go pay $10-14 to go watch the movie.
[right][snapback]201800[/snapback][/right]

Your obviously uneducated and ignorant on the whole subject. This movie isn't about planes crashing and shock value, its telling a real story about 2 men that did all they could and survived.

I've been there, my dad worked there, and you have no idea what you are talking about. I'd gladly give you $10-$14 to go see this film so you can make an educated post and don't just come off like an asshole.
You can assume or say whatever you want. But I don't believe myself to be ignorant of the whole subject at all. I'm ignorant of what the movies about yes, the only thing I've heard is that it's inspired by a true story in the same fashion that the Perfect Storm was inspired by a true story. My post was entirely meant to come off asshole-ish. I don't agree with the movie at all, and am quite willing to keep my ignorance of the movie for quite sometime longer. But I'll gladly read the stories of the individuals who were there. But some how a movie just seems completely wrong.

Also, I'd never ask you to give me $10-14 for a movie, I would pay for myself, as it wouldn't be right otherwise.