FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Tires, Again
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
DRyanC,Aug 14 2006, 02:33 PM Wrote:Ya I checked that as well but when I put my snows on they were alot quieter than the 512's. Not un terribly loud just more than the RSA or GSA what ever came on the ZX3

DRyanC
[right][snapback]202334[/snapback][/right]

I experienced the same thing, but it was in fact my wheel bearing's rusted innards making all the noise. I thought it was the tires myself, too. I had the stock tires (loud in my opinion) then winter tires (relatively quiet except at highway speeds), then the 512 (UNGODLY LOUD) before I realized something was wrong.

Anyway you're welcome to drop by and take my car for a rip if you want to compare noise levels. I assure you it is not the tires though.
Fingers,Aug 14 2006, 12:51 PM Wrote:
DRyanC,Aug 14 2006, 02:33 PM Wrote:Ya I checked that as well but when I put my snows on they were alot quieter than the 512's. Not un terribly loud just more than the RSA or GSA what ever came on the ZX3

DRyanC
[right][snapback]202334[/snapback][/right]

I experienced the same thing, but it was in fact my wheel bearing's rusted innards making all the noise. I thought it was the tires myself, too. I had the stock tires (loud in my opinion) then winter tires (relatively quiet except at highway speeds), then the 512 (UNGODLY LOUD) before I realized something was wrong.

Anyway you're welcome to drop by and take my car for a rip if you want to compare noise levels. I assure you it is not the tires though.
[right][snapback]202355[/snapback][/right]

Yeah, when my ignition cylinder locked on me in buttfawk no where, I had the car towed to embrun ford, and I asked them to take a look at a humming sound...

They said it was flat spots on my tires, so I bought 2 new khumos (they were due anyways)....noise was still there. Brought the car to Rockland Ford and they replaced my wheel bearing and the sound was gone!!!
Bridgestone Potenza G009.....use it ALL year, and they are awesome in the rain, comfy, and not noisy...

Welcome to the board....
Drivesthebeast,Aug 19 2006, 07:23 PM Wrote:Bridgestone Potenza G009.....use it ALL year, and they are awesome in the rain, comfy, and not noisy...

Welcome to the board....
[right][snapback]203036[/snapback][/right]

Speaking of those, what are the prices like? I'm thinking the P6's might not make it through the winter safely so I wanna know what the damage is, since the Bridgestone can't be worse in the snow than the P6's are <_<

NefCanuck
The P6's are junk in comparison...well, my dad seems to think so. He put the G009's on his V6 Topaz coupe, and has liked them a lot. They aren't as razor sharp response wise as the Potenza RE950's they replaced, but are a LOT better in the snow. My friend has them on his Tiburon as well, and he has no issues in the rain or snow anymore.

I'll ask my dad how much his 009's cost him, as he bought his from a Firestone/Bridgestone dealer in West Hamilton...
Picked up the Falken 512's. They are, so far, a good everyday tire, quiet, compared to the Goodyear RS-A's that were on it when I bought the car.
naz,Aug 12 2006, 02:30 PM Wrote:if you can get your hands on azenis sport RT215 get those. RT615 should be good also
[right][snapback]202125[/snapback][/right]

RT615's?????? Are you nuts? As an All-season tire? I wonder how they grip in the wet nevermind the snow? They're the closest thing to race tire that are street legal. Do these look like good winter tires:

[Image: Azenis-RT-615.jpg]
Azenis would be a death trap in snow.

I couldnt even move my car from 1 end of the driveway to the other when the car was out and away for the winter. :o
yeah no.. forget the azenis for 4 season tires.. hell even in rain they aren't all that great.. I read that the 615 are "better" in rain than the 215 but still.. for winter? they are slicks almost.. its like a motorcycle tire

anyway, i wouldn't recommend it
I like my Pirelli P6s, especially compared to the set of Firestone s***hawks I had on before.
i got some hankook rs-2 z212 this year and they are very pleasant to drive with.. thread wear seems alot better but wet traction is infinite better

vs rt215 that is..
NOS2Go4Me,Aug 23 2006, 01:55 PM Wrote:I like my Pirelli P6s, especially compared to the set of Firestone s***hawks I had on before.
[right][snapback]203590[/snapback][/right]

Are those recent buys? 'cause I know they re-engineered the P6 this year to address the winter traction issues. I might be willing to give the P6's another shot if its the new design and the price is right. The other factor is that I'm running 'em on 6.5" rims and the stock rims were 6", that shouldn't make a big difference should it? :huh:

NefCanuck
I picked mine up in April of this year. I love 'em. However, they will be coming off the car in November or so when I throw the 14s on with the Goodyear Integrities on them.
I just got a set of Michelin HydroEdge they are real nice on water and very quiet.
very happy with it. 800 treadwear, it's going to last longer then the car.

NOS2Go4Me,Aug 24 2006, 11:50 AM Wrote:I picked mine up in April of this year. I love 'em. However, they will be coming off the car in November or so when I throw the 14s on with the Goodyear Integrities on them.
[right][snapback]203809[/snapback][/right]
Take a look at the Toyo Proxes4. Great for early spring to summer to late fall. I've gotten now close to 60,000 km on mine. Very quiet. Great handling. Comfortable. I'm seeing them more on other cars who like the aggressive styling. Some friends of mine have been putting them on their drivers like Acuras and Volvos.

[Image: proxes4_large.jpg]

I'm assuming you run winter tires :). If not, then I suggest the BF Goodrich Traction T/A's. People in the US have also liked the Pirelli P Zero Nero M+S as well.

If you don't care about performance handling and want an all-season that works well in all seasons, consider also the Nokian WR.
NOS2Go4Me,Aug 23 2006, 12:55 PM Wrote:I like my Pirelli P6s, especially compared to the set of Firestone s***hawks I had on before.
[right][snapback]203590[/snapback][/right]

x2
Hi. My garage has recommended Cooper CS4 tires as a good "mid range" tire to replace original on my 2007 wagon. Does anyone have any experience with these?
(03-22-2013, 03:59 AM)Norval Wrote: [ -> ]Hi. My garage has recommended Cooper CS4 tires as a good "mid range" tire to replace original on my 2007 wagon. Does anyone have any experience with these?
Cooper cs4's are a great all season tire!
The best tires ive had on my car were a couple different styles of coopers.
I personally would run the new cooper zeon rs3-a or rs3-s's.

But yeah id also recommend the cs4
I've heard nothing but good reviews on cooper tires. I may try the rs3 this year.
Coopers have come a long way since I ran Cooper Cobras on my old Mustang. Those were a scary tire in the wet, but I know their newer CS4 and Zeons are a good product.
Pages: 1 2