FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: End Of The Day Crash
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
so i was comming home from work today and stopped at the light that is like a minute away from my house....i was the first one in line on the left and one car beside me on the right......from my right the cars were makn a left turn as the last car was passin the intresection,which was corrola, all of the sudden this red F150 runs a red light and clearly t-bones the pure lil car....that car was throuned away at least good 30 feet and end up on the sidewalk....i quickly got out of the car and rushed to help the lady in Toyota....she was clearly in shock, i had to unbuckle her up and see if she was alright....not a scratch but shacken up....dialed 911 right after that......other lady in f-150 was fine as well......for some reason none of the car's airbags poped out ???
it was quite an experience for me cuz i've never seen a car crash so close

but here are the pics from my celly

u can clearly see that Toyota got smoked pretty bad
[Image: corolla.jpg]

here's f-150
[Image: fordf150.jpg]

people should be careful with red lights
eh both are fixable
That should buff right out,
Reminds me of my accident. Some lady pulled out right in front of me and I had no choice but to T-Bone her.... the last time I drove my Audi :(

Good move getting out and helping most people would just sit there watching.
I don't know which is worse. The accident or the grammatical/spelling train wreck that was the first post. :1engrishsign:
Woman drivers you say heh? :ph34r:
OAC_Sparky,Aug 10 2006, 07:14 AM Wrote:I don't know which is worse. The accident or the grammatical/spelling train wreck that was the first post. :1engrishsign:
[right][snapback]201717[/snapback][/right]

oh well..im still an immigrant ;)
NikiterZTS,Aug 10 2006, 09:30 AM Wrote:oh well..im still an immigrant  ;)
[right][snapback]201728[/snapback][/right]
Ah, no worries.

I'm just a Sarcastic Bastard. :lol:
i still wonder why the air bag in F-150 didn't go off.....i mean it was a clear front colision for it.....i mean if somethin like that happen, can you call Ford and actualy harras them?
yeah.. crashes are much scarier in real life...

glad you hopped out and helped out. :thumbsup:
NikiterZTS,Aug 10 2006, 09:47 AM Wrote:i still wonder why the air bag in F-150 didn't go off.....i mean it was a clear front colision for it.....i mean if somethin like that happen, can you call Ford and actualy harras them?
[right][snapback]201735[/snapback][/right]
While that damage may seem like a lot to you, the fact that the F150 was not parked in the passenger seat of the Toyota suggests it was not.

Airbags are designed to go off in collisions of a specific force. Airbags deploying too easily would possibly result in a driver being unable to maneuver their vehicle with a big airbag hanging out.
And a side note.

If I am reading your original post properly, the Corolla is as much or more responsible for the accident than the F150.

The fact that the Corolla was

a ) making a left on a red (obviously, if the F150 was running the red), and
b ) turned in front of the F150

makes him the driver in the wrong.

a ) You are not supposed to enter an intersection unless it is clear to do so. That includes turning left, or going straight through. Proper driving, you shouldn't be into the intersection at all until it is clear. That way if the light turned red, she could wait until the next green without having to back up.

b ) It doesn't matter if the light for the F150 was green, red, pink or puce, nor does it matter if the F150 was going 2 or 200 kmh; making a left turn in front of traffic means you're making an improper turn.

So even if the F150 gets a ticket for failure to yield, the Corolla will be getting an Improper Turn and probably a Failure to Yield as well.

We all do it, I sometimes do it...but that's the facts, Jack.
OAC_Sparky,Aug 10 2006, 09:23 AM Wrote:And a side note.

If I am reading your original post properly, the Corolla is as much or more responsible for the accident than the F150.

The fact that the Corolla was

a ) making a left on a red (obviously, if the F150 was running the red), and
b ) turned in front of the F150

makes him the driver in the wrong.

a ) You are not supposed to enter an intersection unless it is clear to do so. That includes turning left, or going straight through. Proper driving, you shouldn't be into the intersection at all until it is clear. That way if the light turned red, she could wait until the next green without having to back up.

b ) It doesn't matter if the light for the F150 was green, red, pink or puce, nor does it matter if the F150 was going 2 or 200 kmh; making a left turn in front of traffic means you're making an improper turn.

So even if the F150 gets a ticket for failure to yield, the Corolla will be getting an Improper Turn and probably a Failure to Yield as well.

We all do it, I sometimes do it...but that's the facts, Jack.
[right][snapback]201744[/snapback][/right]

Your almost correct. The corolla had the right of way by the sounds of it. The F-150 had a red light and failed to stop. Even though the corolla is only to enter when it is safe to do so. The F-150 is not only guilty of failing to stop she can be hit with a careless driving fine as well.

<_< :unsure: The AirBag should have deployed. They are designed to deploy with 15 or more kms of force upon them. That should be checked into....they could have been defective or disconnected without the owner knowing. potential replacementt of vehicle from FORD or a nice legal battle with the right person or buisness. Who knows what they want to do.
^^^i agree with you Sparky, u got a good point....but you know and i know when people drive back home from work(thats when it happen, around 4:30) most of us drive like zombies....and alot of people don't pay alot of attention. maybe that was it who knows....

just to the topic:

here are a couple pictures from another accident that happened about a week ago in front of the Timmies where i usually meet up with some buddies (u know to talk about car bs)
i got there 5 mins after the accident happened.the story is, 2 men were crossing the street not in the proper place....so one of them got hit.....the scean wasn't pretty...guy was bleedin pretty bad...he had a couple broken ribs, his head wasn't alright but the nasties is his leg was right brocken that u can see his bone sticking out..the guy screamin cuz of the pain (duuh)..he got git by Accent, which didn't look good after....the drives hand was bleeding not sure why
i think 2 of the men that were crossin weren't sober cuz when i heard his partner talkin to a cop u could tell a guy had something to drink.

ones again becareful when you drink and walk :) :)

pictures are a lil bit dark and everythin thats cuz i took them on my RaZr celly at night time and i had to zoom in

medics are takin car of the person who got hit
[Image: accident1.jpg]

Accent that hit the man
[Image: accident2.jpg]

while i was takin shots...i heard somebody say "oh look at him takin pictures" with some mean sarcastic voice....um yea ok, i know its not that good doing somethin like that while somebody is in pain but people got to understand where we were at the point where we couldn't do anything since he was takin care of by medics, plus when you tell the story people always wanna see the visual

cheers
toyotas a right off.
yikes at thought at first that was your car!!
^^^ oh God no.....i'd cry.....really hard