FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Talk About Being Burned...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
yep... we got own3d...

[Image: GRAMMER.jpg]

[Image: YOKO.jpg]
Quote:Rogers thought it had a five-year deal with Aliant Inc. to string Rogers' cable lines across thousands of utility poles in the Maritimes for an annual fee of $9.60 per pole. But early last year, Rogers was informed that the contract was being cancelled and the rates were going up. Impossible, Rogers thought, since its contract was iron-clad until the spring of 2007 and could potentially be renewed for another five years.

Not to be a hater, but it has been my pleasurable experience to be on a 3-year contract in a Roger's corporate plan, only for them to drop services and/or charge for features that were supposed to be in the package, only a year into the contract.

Me: "Why was I suddenly charged $10 for voicemail? It was part of my corporate plan."

Rogers Rep: "Well Mr. Scott, the Ford Corporate Plan no longer includes free enhanced voicemail, you can either drop the service or pay the $10"

Me: "But I have 2 years left on a 3 year contract! How can you change that?"

Rogers: "It was a decision made by the Corporate accounts people. If you want, we can swith you to a plan that includes Voicemail for $8 a month more than your current contract...." :unsure:

No offense to the Rogers guys here, I know it's not your personal doing, but my sympathy cup is hardly running over. I find it amusingly poetic.
OAC_Sparky,Aug 9 2006, 12:51 PM Wrote:No offense to the Rogers guys here, I know it's not your personal doing, but my sympathy cup is hardly running over. I find it amusingly poetic.
[right][snapback]201516[/snapback][/right]

unfortunately, like the renovations to the Roger's Centre, the costs will be passes along to us, the customers...
darkpuppet,Aug 9 2006, 12:13 PM Wrote:
OAC_Sparky,Aug 9 2006, 12:51 PM Wrote:No offense to the Rogers guys here, I know it's not your personal doing, but my sympathy cup is hardly running over. I find it amusingly poetic.

unfortunately, like the renovations to the Roger's Centre, the costs will be passes along to us, the customers...
[right][snapback]201520[/snapback][/right]

Amen to that. It's why my cable bill is $165 every three months for ANALOG service :rolleyes:

If only Bell would get their act together and get their digital TV crap installed in my building. Then I might be able to actually get my $ worth by squeezing Rogers to actually give me something to stay with them instead of jumping ship <_<

NefCanuck
^^-- Doesn't take much for bell to get IPTV into your home.. if you're in a new development, chances are pretty good they're already running the requisite fiber to your hood.

If not, well... enjoy the wait!

p.s. not that bell is any better than Rogers....
NefCanuck,Aug 9 2006, 01:42 PM Wrote:If only Bell would get their act together and get their digital TV crap installed in my building.  Then I might be able to actually get my $ worth by squeezing Rogers to actually give me something to stay with them instead of jumping ship <_<

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]201529[/snapback][/right]

Dont count on it.
I got no issues with my rogers services but I cant help but laugh at their misfortune!...It's a huge technicality but...whatever~!!

Roger's = Owned!
darkpuppet,Aug 9 2006, 12:45 PM Wrote:^^-- Doesn't take much for bell to get IPTV into your home.. if you're in a new development, chances are pretty good they're already running the requisite fiber to your hood.

If not, well... enjoy the wait!

p.s.  not that bell is any better than Rogers....
[right][snapback]201530[/snapback][/right]

Funny part is DP that Bell was SO desperate to get into our building that when they signed the contract allowing them in to install their crap, they gave the condo $2K up front (more to come depending on how many people they get signed up). That was nearly two years ago now and we're still on their "to install list" meanwhile the condo is earning interest on that $!

BELL = PWNED

NefCanuck
Flofocus,Aug 9 2006, 12:45 PM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Aug 9 2006, 01:42 PM Wrote:If only Bell would get their act together and get their digital TV crap installed in my building.  Then I might be able to actually get my $ worth by squeezing Rogers to actually give me something to stay with them instead of jumping ship <_<
[right][snapback]201529[/snapback][/right]

Dont count on it.
[right][snapback]201532[/snapback][/right]

-shrugs- If Rogers isn't willing to work to keep me when they are facing competition that's their loss. I've been holding my tounge about their craptastically pixellated analogue signals lately but if I have a viable alternative I'm willing to jump.

Besides, I really doubt Bell could be worse than what Rogers is giving me for "service" :rolleyes: I've been with Bell's DSL since '98, no major complaints.

NefCanuck
That's a newb grammatical error and should never have been let out the door into the world. I won't even begin about "professional" copywriting as we have our very own pro here in the Forums. I do pride myself on my technical writing skills at work, it's what I actually like to do when network design and implementations bog me down. Even when I'm 100% sure about a document that will be put out "into the wild", it goes to 2 other people (1 techie, 1 Communications major) first to make sure I haven't bungled something inadvertently.

That's just smart pool - you don't risk a personal / departmental loss of face just because you're hot to get something signed. In Rogers' case, somebody's gonna get s***-canned.
NefCanuck,Aug 9 2006, 01:58 PM Wrote:-shrugs- If Rogers isn't willing to work to keep me when they are facing competition that's their loss.  I've been holding my tounge about their craptastically pixellated analogue signals lately but if I have a viable alternative I'm willing to jump.

actually, with Roger's new telephone service, it's Bell that's feeling the pressure, not necessarily Rogers.

Bell is still playing catchup, and yes, a 2 year waiting list on fiber installation isn't unreasonable considering the lack of certified fiber installers... that stuff ain't easy to work with.
Cogeco baby.
ANTHONYD,Aug 9 2006, 02:32 PM Wrote:Cogeco baby.
[right][snapback]201560[/snapback][/right]

X2. My couch has drool stains.
OAC_Sparky,Aug 9 2006, 12:51 PM Wrote:
Quote:Rogers thought it had a five-year deal with Aliant Inc. to string Rogers' cable lines across thousands of utility poles in the Maritimes for an annual fee of $9.60 per pole. But early last year, Rogers was informed that the contract was being cancelled and the rates were going up. Impossible, Rogers thought, since its contract was iron-clad until the spring of 2007 and could potentially be renewed for another five years.

Not to be a hater, but it has been my pleasurable experience to be on a 3-year contract in a Roger's corporate plan, only for them to drop services and/or charge for features that were supposed to be in the package, only a year into the contract.

Me: "Why was I suddenly charged $10 for voicemail? It was part of my corporate plan."

Rogers Rep: "Well Mr. Scott, the Ford Corporate Plan no longer includes free enhanced voicemail, you can either drop the service or pay the $10"

Me: "But I have 2 years left on a 3 year contract! How can you change that?"

Rogers: "It was a decision made by the Corporate accounts people. If you want, we can swith you to a plan that includes Voicemail for $8 a month more than your current contract...." :unsure:

No offense to the Rogers guys here, I know it's not your personal doing, but my sympathy cup is hardly running over. I find it amusingly poetic.
Generally speaking, the biggest cause of 'changing price plans' are the idiot dealers that Rogers has working for them. Some of them will try to get their customers stuff that they turn out not to be eligible for...

That, and Ford may've changed their agreement as well.
stick it to da man
darkpuppet,Aug 9 2006, 01:30 PM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Aug 9 2006, 01:58 PM Wrote:-shrugs- If Rogers isn't willing to work to keep me when they are facing competition that's their loss.  I've been holding my tounge about their craptastically pixellated analogue signals lately but if I have a viable alternative I'm willing to jump.

actually, with Roger's new telephone service, it's Bell that's feeling the pressure, not necessarily Rogers.

Bell is still playing catchup, and yes, a 2 year waiting list on fiber installation isn't unreasonable considering the lack of certified fiber installers... that stuff ain't easy to work with.
[right][snapback]201555[/snapback][/right]

Heh, well, I mean I see the ads from Rogers for POTS (Plain Old Telephone Service) all over the place but Bell doesn't see fit yet to respond in any way to the agressive marketing so I doubt they're feeling that much heat (Unless they've decided on a GM style strategy - Stick your head in the sand until you're in so deep that you can't get out anymore :P )

Yeah but at the time Bell claimed that they would have installers at the site "Within six months" of the building signing the contract. Unless the salesperson was a lying sack of flaming poop Le Gasp! they should have known that was impossible and not handed over $2K of Bell's $ for the condo to make interest payments on :lol:

NefCanuck
^^--- If only I could go into more detail, but yes, both bell and GM are feeling the pressure. You can't even begin to imagine... seriously....
darkpuppet,Aug 9 2006, 03:28 PM Wrote:^^--- If only I could go into more detail, but yes, both bell and GM are feeling the pressure.  You can't even begin to imagine... seriously....
[right][snapback]201605[/snapback][/right]

So you're saying that Bell is doing the ostrich bit when it comes to POTS? -shrugs- I guess they don't see it as a money maker so they don't care, but that's a dangerous strategy. Ignore a core service and watch your comptetitors take you to school and steal your customers :rolleyes:

As to GM, I keep hearing the warnings and seeing the spilled red ink, but no one in their heirarchy seems to want to do anything but rattle sabers and whisper the "bankruptcy" boogeyman... Crap or get off the pot GM...

NefCanuck
Pages: 1 2