FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Conversation With Police Dispatch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, we have a guy 2 houses down from us who deals drugs right. So after a week of little sleep due to the amount of car, truck and motorcycle traffic coming to this assclown's place to buy their s***, I got fed up and pissed off at 430 this morning and called the police. Little did I know that my folks had called in twice during the week already. So this is basically how the conversation went.

"Abbotsford Police." (after being on hold for about 3-4 minutes)

"Hi, I'd like to make a report about our neighbor 2 houses down dealing drugs all day and all night (I provided the address of the house in question and explained that there were cars cars and motorcycles non stop for the last 3 hrs since I'd got home and went to bed)."

"So they're dealing drugs out of the house sir?"

"Yes."

"How do you know that for sure?"

"Because I'm not stupid."

"Excuse me?"

"When people walk up to a window in a house, stick their hand through with a wad of cash and pull their hand back out with a little tin packet all within a minute and then get in their car and leave, do you think they're buying popcorn and chips?"

"I don't appreciate your sarcasm sir."

"Well, I don't appreciate this door knob keeping me up all night, all week. I'd like to get some damn sleep."

"Do you have a license plate of any of the vehicles that are supposedly buying drugs?"

"License plates?"

"Yes sir"

"No"

"Why not?"

about a thirty second pause while I try to figure this out.

"Are you still there sir?"

"Yeah." another pause, "So, let me get this straight, you want me to go walking outside and up to a vehicle of a person buying drugs and get their license plate number?"

"Yes"

"So you are asking me to put my life in danger by walking up to them? let me play this out for you, "Hey man what are you doing? Oh well you see you're buying drugs from my neighbor so I'm getting your license plate for them so they can bust you." At this point neighbor comes out and most likely has a firearm of some type on him and then someone else has to call you and say "OH MY GAWD!!! My neighbor just got his head turned into a f***in canoe by the drug dealer!!!"
Is that what you are asking me to do?"

"Not exactly sir but we need some sort of eviience that your not just having a dispute with your neighbor and accusing him of something that he isn't actually doing."

"Wow"

"Excuse me?"

"Don't worry about it, I'll just find my goddamn happy place." click

At 530 am I hear a car in my driveway, and then footsteps, then the doorbell. I stumble my way to the door and open it, there's 2 cops standing there,

"Glenn Dalton?"

"Umm, yeah." rubbing my eyes trying to figure this all out.

"Would you mind telling us which house it is you believe is dealing drugs."

I smile, then start to laugh as I look over towards the house 2 doors down, and there's the little f***er trying to hide s*** that's in his car.

"Thanks gentlemen, you've just put me and my family both at risk becuase that's the guy right there." I turned around and walked back into the house "Oh by the way, you could have got the address from your f***in dispatcher, or was she too stupid and ignorant to write it down?" and slammed the door.

Wow, and I put my faith in these f***ing jackasses to keep out community safe and sound. WTF!!??

My opinion is slowly starting to become jaded.

Maybe I'll just go vigif***inlante on the dude :ph34r:
I think had you actually spoken to them seriously and politely, things probably would have gotten done better.
sometimes speaking politely doesnt work.
"Hi, I'd like to make a report about our neighbor 2 houses down dealing drugs all day and all night (I provided the address of the house in question and explained that there were cars cars and motorcycles non stop for the last 3 hrs since I'd got home and went to bed)."

How is that not seriously and polite? Considering the time frame. What there also is in this situation is an underlying problem with the PD here in town of not really doing much to combat crime. Our drug squad works monday to friday 8-430 except when on special assignment. I actually know a lot about our PD here in Abbotsford, my sister is now a civilian director for the community police after having to resign as an officer due to severe injury. As much as I respect the police, when you have a complaint taker at 430 am with a crunching sound in the background and a snooty voice (which I didn't mention before) asking you stupid questions and wanting you to do foolish things instead of taking a report serously, I have a problem with that.
focusracer,Aug 5 2006, 07:25 PM Wrote:"Hi, I'd like to make a report about our neighbor 2 houses down dealing drugs all day and all night (I provided the address of the house in question and explained that there were cars cars and motorcycles non stop for the last 3 hrs since I'd got home and went to bed)."

How is that not seriously and polite? Considering the time frame. What there also is in this situation is an underlying problem with the PD here in town of not really doing much to combat crime. Our drug squad works monday to friday 8-430 except when on special assignment. I actually know a lot about our PD here in Abbotsford, my sister is now a civilian director for the community police after having to resign as an officer due to severe injury. As much as I respect the police, when you have a complaint taker at 430 am with a crunching sound in the background and a snooty voice (which I didn't mention before) asking you stupid questions and wanting you to do foolish things instead of taking a report serously, I have a problem with that.
[right][snapback]201015[/snapback][/right]

Polite is not keeping your neighbours awake at all hours. Third call and still nothing done about it? Yup. Time to be pissed off.
If you have a video camera, use it to Video them in the act, and then that way you have proof, plus anyone trying to " scare you off " or doing stuff to your home or things on your lot, car, etc.... you'll have the proof the next time the cops come to your door, either that or start getting into the habbit of calling the police repeatedly nightly, hourly if you have to all in the aspect of getting a unit to be there to catch someone in the act of getting their drugs.

it's just a suggestion mind you, but hopefully they will help you make a point to your local police. of if they won't do anything Call your local media, or better yet put signs out on your lawn pointing out that there is a drug dealer on your street people have done this before and it scares them away, media love this for local coverage and it will force some type of action to be taken.
Well getting mad at people never helps.
I would contact the local paper and tell them this. Video tape it tonight or something if they are that stupid to keep selling. Make the local police look bad and incompetent which it already sounds like they are.

I thought the police always tell you not to put yourself in danger when dealing with crimes? I think you walking over to a car the is picking up drugs and getting the plates is kinda dangerous.
congrats to the police...they pretty much put u in the situation where ur standing as nebourghood snitch...but i understand your situation...everyone gets pissed off at times and call cops specially when things like that happen durring your sleep time....sh** like that happens with me when high school kids have partys on my street(specially when i have to go to work early in the morning) and every time i just wanna dial 911(didn't yet but prob will i nthe future)
So, got home at 130 this morning after going to the HSBC fireworks in Vancouver. Dude's sitting out front of his house when I pull in, he gets out of his car and comes walking over to my driveway and asks, what's up with the cops at your door this morning? I say to him, "Well, I'm sick of your s*** at all hrs day and night and called in a report." He says "Oh. I thought you were getting in s*** for something." We chatted for about a 1/2 hr, the second time I've chatted with him since he moved in. So I told him that whatever people decide to do with their lives I don't really care but I'm sick of being kept up at night and s*** with this stuff going on. The first time I chatted with him was 2 days after he moved in and I had crackheads knocking on my door at 3 am for dope and 3 crack monkeys sitting in front of my house later that morning, I told him then that if it happened again I was going to be very upset, that didn't happen again but now his "clients" are driving in and making noise and stuff. He says he'll keep them quiet but really what can he do.
I'm frustrated with this, on one hand I say screw it and start just calling the cops cinstantly until they do something about it and on the other, if he keeps it down, who cares, they're going to get their party favours anyway right? So I'm trying to figure out what to do.
That puts you in a pretty s***ty situation. A drug dealer who knows that you have called the cops on him.. so now you're going to have to watch your back, your property, etc as long as you both live there. Also remember that if they ever do send a cop to his house, he'll know it was you who sent them (even if it isnt you who makes the next call)..
So, a little update here fellas. After making many reports and requests for communication with us a member of the drug squad called one day and we were discussing the issue at hand. When I told him the guy's first name and what he drove the cop almost jumped through the phone. I met up with him for coffee and he showed me some pictures of people and I confirmed that these were some of the people coming and going from this house and that yeah that's the kid who's dealing out of the house. He informed me that they'd lost him about a month previous when he moved. I kind of chuckled about that, because within a few days of him moving in we started making reports. Anyway, they started "observing" the goings on at the house in question.

Well, at 3 am thursday morning I was once again awakened by this kids exhaust and the sound of squeeling tires, "For f*** sakes" I mumbled to myself, then I noticed that my room was flashing red and blue. I got out of bed and went to the front window to see 2 cruisers blocking off the street.

I could hear his engine revving further down the street, 3 more cruisers come flying into the neighborhood and around the block, the kid comes flying down the street, I didn't see it and I guess neither did he but they'd thrown down a spike belt, so he crashed into my neighbors old p.o.s. van that's sits there. He jumps out of the car surrounded by five cops yelling at him to put his hands up and get down on the ground, of course he doesn't. A ford explorer with wig wags on comes down the street and parks in front of my place and lo and behold it's the K9 unit, the dog is going absolutley ape s***, wanting a piece of the guy. So the kid still isn't doing what they're telling him to do, he drops his hands and makes a quick move for the car, well fido got his chance, the K9 officer let go of the lead and what happened next I can only describe by saying"HOLY FAWK" and laughing.

The dog took him down hard, having a few good chomps. The kid finally stops fighting back and the handler pulls the dog back, 2 cops move in to get the kid when he tries to jump up again and got lit up by 10,000 volts. Wow. I've never seen it in person before and let me tell you it was f***in cool, he convulsed a few times and then down he went.

At the end of it all, they found 3 kilos of cocaine in the car and several packs of assorted party goods that he'd tossed out the window and found 2 loaded handguns in the car. Then they searched his house, found a bunch more drugs and weapons and took his girlfriend and his brother into custody and the worst part, the 3 month old infant has been put into the custody of the ministry of children and families.

Quite the exciting night a couple nights ago.
Wow, that sounds entertaining. I guess you wont have to worry about him in your neighborhood anymore ;) Glad you finally got your problem taken care of..

Lmao... that's awsome!
Sounds pretty awesome... :headbang:

I once had 3 copcars chasing me on rollerblades in my grandparents condo facility. Some old lady had thought I had stolen a TV or something, and the cops that were chasing me around kept putting the big floodlamp on me, blinding me, so i'd swerve out of it's light, and they thought I was fleeing...it was hilarious...