FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: 401 Construction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
anybody driven the windsor-toronto route on the 401 recently?? if so how was the construction??
im heading up tomorrow and trying to judge what time i need to leave to avoid rush hour on my way into dowtown.
thanks
There's about a 5k stretch and a 20k stretch between Belle River and Tilbury where it's one lane. It's not too bad unless you get stuck behind a trucker that has an attack of conscience and drives 70k. (Like I did on the way down). :rolleyes:

It's 300k from Windsor to Burlington. So plan on 3 hours including the construction.

And a tip. From Tilbury to Dutton stick to under 115kph. Worst spot on the 401 for speedtraps. Courtesy of Chatham OPP.
sweet thanks!!

i figure on a friday on a long weekend traffic wil be heavy, im hoping to get behind an american or someon who likes to speed
when coming into TO.. watch out for the construction from the 400 to about Allen road... t'is a royal pain as the lanes keep switching...
darkpuppet,Aug 3 2006, 11:04 AM Wrote:when coming into TO.. watch out for the construction from the 400 to about Allen road... t'is a royal pain as the lanes keep switching...
[right][snapback]200709[/snapback][/right]

noted
thanks

The construction is pretty much gone now in tillbury .. atleast its 2 lanes now. I was just down in the belle river area on monday and tuesday ... and ya watch your speed till your well clear of chatham
ya two lanes aint bad, but my a girl my friend works with, was stopped in construction behind a transport and got rear ended by another one. she made off with one bruise. people were calling it in saying she was dead, i see if i can get the pick up of her car, amazing that she survived.
cant copy the pic, but heres a link to the story
"cheating death"
darkpuppet,Aug 3 2006, 10:04 AM Wrote:when coming into TO.. watch out for the construction from the 400 to about Allen road... t'is a royal pain as the lanes keep switching...
[right][snapback]200709[/snapback][/right]

and if you're coming in from the east going through Toronto, the 401W express gets neutered to two lanes as off the 400 turn off until just before the Dixon Rd exit where it merges with the collectors.

If you can afford to folks, take the 407 if you're passing through Toronto, the 407 knows how to do construction right

NefCanuck
ZX5focused,Aug 3 2006, 11:28 AM Wrote:cant copy the pic, but heres a link to the story
"cheating death"
[right][snapback]200718[/snapback][/right]

good that she survived but yeah Love the " custom " work done to the sunfire though from the accident.
401 sucks :P