FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Evaporator Cores
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone had to change theirs yet??? I'm seeing some earlier years starting to fail... like 4 or 5 this summer already.... the part is $750 yikes plus labour...
just another reason why i'm glad i don't have ac ... anychacne you can give me a price on rear wheel bearings for an 02 zx3?
schade,Aug 3 2006, 01:18 PM Wrote:just another reason why i'm glad i don't have ac  ... anychacne you can give me a price on rear wheel bearings for an 02 zx3?
[right][snapback]200680[/snapback][/right]

I think its easier to replace the rear drums rather then the bearings, I think it cost me the same price when i had kelly's car done. bearings were cheap but the labour cost me more then the cost of the drums.

i think either way comes near 200$, but mind as well get new drums in the process too
schade,Aug 3 2006, 08:18 AM Wrote:just another reason why i'm glad i don't have ac  ... anychacne you can give me a price on rear wheel bearings for an 02 zx3?
[right][snapback]200680[/snapback][/right]

For a drum its $123.78 which includes the bearing #2S4Z-1113-AA
for the bearing only its $77.95 #YS4Z-1A049-AA
thanks rich ... carquest wanted $150 for the bearings, each ... i think i'll stick with quality ford parts :)
No prob... If you give me an area I can even check for local stocked dealers for ya
either dealer in barrie, or the smaller ones in stayner/collingwood
Thor in Orillia , Douglas , Hanna stock both bearings and drums, Barrie Ford has just the drums
awesome, thanks

How'd things go out west the last couple weekends?
West not so good.... broke the tranny in Vernon, only completed 261 of 300 laps. Then in Edmonton broke a right rear hub qualifying. Not too bad because its a road course... So then get into a big wreck at the start of the race and only copmplete 16 laps there...
Made the Edmonton Sun
[Image: JV-Cascar3.jpg]
here is another pic from the edmonton sun site

[Image: ed-dd-2-40.jpg]

This weekend just passed we got 4th at GP3R (grand prix trois rivieres)... Besides chewing up two trannys in practice.. we never dropped out of the top 5 all weekend. Practiced 5th, Qualified 4th, got as high as 3rd in the race, held back to conserve a bit on tires/brakes but the leaders got too far away and stayed 4th even though we were faster at the end.

here is the an early pic... Micks dropped out due to engine trouble and the 60 got by us, but thats the oder we started and finished other than stated

[Image: 2006-08-06_04.jpg]
Crazirich,Aug 9 2006, 07:57 AM Wrote:here is another pic from the edmonton sun site

[Image: ed-dd-2-40.jpg]
[right][snapback]201472[/snapback][/right]

Yow :o :blink: that sure as heck won't buff right out.... Though a little duct tape and you'll be rockin' :lol:

NefCanuck
that was a good repair... bumper, fenders, doors... the hood somehow got through unscathed....
ouch, sounds like a rough july .. but atleast your luck turned around in quebec
schade,Aug 10 2006, 09:08 PM Wrote:ouch, sounds like a rough july .. but atleast your luck turned around in quebec
[right][snapback]201872[/snapback][/right]

yeah.. lots of nights at the shop... two weeks straight before the west trip... i stayed here when they were gone, and then two cars that needed work when returned. RIDE HARD PUT AWAY BROKEN!!

I think we may have a good chance at the Grand Prix of Montreal... Our driver (Robin Buck for the road courses) is the only active driver that has been there out of the CASCAR guys. And he has won there in other series
Crazirich,Aug 11 2006, 10:35 AM Wrote:
schade,Aug 10 2006, 09:08 PM Wrote:ouch, sounds like a rough july .. but atleast your luck turned around in quebec
[right][snapback]201872[/snapback][/right]

yeah.. lots of nights at the shop... two weeks straight before the west trip... i stayed here when they were gone, and then two cars that needed work when returned. RIDE HARD PUT AWAY BROKEN!!
[right][snapback]202002[/snapback][/right]
:P :P :P :P :lol:
Crazirich,

How much labour is it to replace the evaporator, and what sort of procedure are we talking about?

I suspect mine is toast, but my mechanic doesn't have a sniffer.