FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Coilover Suspension
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I open this up to the men and women on the site with coilovers! My suspension has been in for 2 month now (H & R Coilover Kit) and this is the 4th time my wagon is going back to the shop that installed the kit.

So far things has been minor:
- Re-check the alignment 3 times
- Replaced sway bar end links
- Lifted the front end of the car 1/2 inch becase of rubbing

The car continues to clunck and make funny noise as you turn and go over crack and bumps in the road. Replacing the sway bar end link helped initially but I am sure the upper strut bearings have to be changed. The last time the car was in I told them to change the bearings but they said everything was fine?

Over the weekend this noise has increased and the worst part is, after 2 months of driving about 5000K's which included holidays the front tires are pretty much toast! The wear starts on the inside and works itself across the tire. I am not happy, I even had an SPC camber kit put in so this wouldn't happen?
Is it the camber, toe or what? I am running 18's with 215/35/18 tires this is not a cheap expendature.

Please help me out if you can? Thanks! :(
i'd say its most likely the toe ... did you get a copy of the print out the last couple times you got the alignment done?
You have to get a camber cup kit for the front and replace the adjustment bolts in the rear to fix this issue.
Specialty Products makes them.
Hello, I have the adjustment kits! :blink: Anyway my installer called and the 2 front struts are leaking already, nice :angry: and he has ordered a new set from H&R. They will be here by next Friday and I am getting a brand new set of front tires too! :D They will replace everything and do the alignment. The strut bearings are fine so that's wasn't the problem at all! The kits 2 months old, WTF! I guess just a bad set of struts from H&R? The car is lowered about 2 inches in the front, still lots of room on the treads so blowing them up seems unlikely? :blink: Anyway, the car will get fixed! Thanks for the imput. ;)