FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Paypal Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey Guys,

I sold my FX-57 on ebay for buy it now, and the guy is located in scarborough. He wishes to pay Paypal and do local pickup. However i remember malby's brother getting scammed.

Well this guy says he can do cash local pickup on aug 8. But i'm not willing to wait that long. saying he did use the Buy it Now feature.

My question is:

Is there any way to charge the guy through paypal. process a local pickup and still cover myself that he cant file a non-reciept dispute?

I'm hoping someone here knows so i dont have to call paypal and pay Long distance while i'm on hold.

Thanks
he should be able to do an e-mail money transfer from his own bank... go with that.
You could try getting him to sign something with all his onfo on it. Then if he tries to scam you you have his signature and info.
Hmm, both valid suggestions.

I've emailed the person again. Hopefully this all works out.

Thanks Guys
You know what unless you state that you allow local pickup and local pickups are cash only, just send the guy an invoice and charge him to ship it.

In the end he already bought it, its not like your trying to make a sale. Charge him for shipping and then thats it, no need to play mr. niceguy for someone you don't know and go out of your way for.
hardk0re,Aug 1 2006, 03:24 PM Wrote:You know what unless you state that you allow local pickup and local pickups are cash only, just send the guy an invoice and charge him to ship it.

In the end he already bought it, its not like your trying to make a sale.  Charge him for shipping and then thats it, no need to play mr. niceguy for someone you don't know and go out of your way for.
[right][snapback]200275[/snapback][/right]
This is the correct answer.

Tell him if he wants to PayPal you have to ship it with a tracking number.

If he wants to pick it up locally it's cash. It' up to you whether you want to wait. Although he does have a week to pay unless it's specified in the auction.
The auction ended on friday night, and he's slow to reply. I swore i had buy it now set to immediate payment required. So he's got a few more days.

Definitely do what Sparky said. It's just way to easy to try and scam local sellers with paypal and local pickups.. not worth your trouble if he won't cooperate. If he doesn't like your options, just explain how you know people who have been ripped off by paypal/local pickups and that you can't leave yourself open to that.

Dont accept paypal unless you have evidence that you shipped the item to him.